Sunday, October 19, 2014

'She Flew Jets, Rode Motorbikes – but Died on a Hike' ....Frum IAF Girl Pilot

Captain Tamar Ariel A"H
Anat Ariel, whose daughter, Captain Tamar Ariel z”l, was killed in an avalanche in Nepal's Annapurna Ridge last week, said that she had not worried when Tamar went on the trip, because she knew her daughter was a very responsible person.

"I was not worried on her trip to Nepal,” she told IDF Radio “The trip was planned down to the last minute and I trusted her and G-d. This is her fate; G-d wanted her. She flew jets, rode on motorcycles, yet she departed from us on a hike through picturesque scenery, of all things.”

"The circumstances do not matter to us,” the mother insisted. “As a family with faith, we know that the deposit has been reclaimed – this amazing girl – and that is all.”

Tamar took part in Operation Protective Edge, Anat said, “and did her job in the most professional way possible.” She was a person who touched and made all those around her better people, she said. “We have an amazing and perfect family, with a missing piece. We will not stop living and being happy, remembering her and missing her.”

The casket bearing the remains of Tamar, 
the IAF's first religious female navigator, 
will arrive in Ben Gurion Airport Monday evening, and the funeral will take place Tuesday.

Seven of the Israelis who were hurt in the avalanche arrived in Israel Saturday night. They were taken by Magen David Adom ambulances to Sheba Hospital in Tel Hashomer and Hadassah Ein Karem in Jerusalem, and are suffering from frostbite, mostly in the extremities.

As of Monday morning, the total of deaths in the catastrophe is 43. Dozens of hikers are still missing, among them one Israeli woman, Michal Gili Cherkesky of Givatayim.

The government of Nepal announced Sunday that it had called off the search for the people who went missing in the avalanche. However, Israeli crews are still looking for Michal Gili Cherkesky.

Michal's family has received eyewitness accounts according to which she was stranded at an altitude of over 5,000 meters (15,000 feet).

No comments: