Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Is this Kerestier Yurzeit a Scam to pilfer the rich?

I thought that the whole point of Karastir was to feed the poor, and even to those who are not so poor but want to visit the grave by R' Shayele, how does this square with the ass'kanim running the show in Karastier charging premium prices for the Shabbos Menu?

People writing to us are asking if the purpose of this price list is to discourage those who are struggling for parnassah,the innocents, who want to make the trip to beg R' Shayele to intercede on their behalf, but who  cannot afford the meals! 
The ass'kanim want to become rich from those meals and don't need the schnorrers who will just eat and not contribute! 
The organizers don't really care about R' Shayele ben Moshe z"l it's "how much money we can make. "
 
Organizers in Meron became very wealthy getting funds for the famous "Chai Rotel" business and pocketed millions off those who thought they were doing a mitzvah! But at least in Meron, food was distributed gratis, for free. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I'm out of place here, but where do ANY of these guys find the funds to travel to kevorim?? I'm a regular guy working my butt off to support my family and to pay my bills (including expensive schar limmud fees) and I could never ever afford to travel to any of these places! And even if I could, how could I ever take off a week from my familial obligations and and from work just like that??
In the photos, I always see young bochurim, young yungerleit, older people...where do these guys get the money to take these trips?? Am I missing something?? I'm certain that each of these expeditions costs thousands of dollars!