So now, lets understand this ....
Guys can't go to the army or chas v'sholom go to work, but must rely on their harried wives to work like dogs and bring home the parnassah!
Now that our leaders are prohibiting the girls from getting any kind of an academic degree..... who will feed the little saplings????
Listen guys to the naarishkeitin the son of the Slonimer Rebbe said:" Most of the girls are not seeking the academic education or degree but are seeking a means of supporting a family. He warned that while this may be so, one cannot compromise one’s neshama and emunah for the sake of earning a livelihood."
Hey Slonimer! You go to a doctor?
I'll let you into a big secret....... he has an academic degree!
You need a nurse?
She has an academic degree?
So why do you go to a doctor or a nurse?
Aren't you encouraging them by using their services? Aren't you being a hypocrite?
Why don't you use one of those chassidishe un-licensed therapists when your child uses drugs, G-d forbid?
I don't get it, they throw stones when a frum IDF guy goes to shul to daven ..... they go to frum doctors and use frum nurses, and then rant against degrees?
So Rabbi Slonim, do you have a solution how your rent is going to be paid?
And where was Slonim? Somewhere in Belarus, where they murdered Jews....
Why don't you change your name to Tel Aviv Rebbe?
So I'll tell you guys what's really happening:
They are losing control! And its all about control!
The guys are going to work in droves, and Bochrim are joining the IDF!
The girls that are graduating from Seminary are looking at their neighbors and are noticing that the neighbors have nothing to eat, rely on Toimchei Shabbos, and the children are running around with runny noses, torn shoes and clothing ...
Is this the future? Churning out babies with no means of support?
So they decided, "you know what" I'm getting myself an academic degree so that we can live like mentchin"
The Rabbis are freaking out!
This is how Yeshivaworld reported the story:
Gedolei Hador Shlita participated in the Kinos held in Bnei Brak on Tuesday night the eve of 20 Kislev including HaGaon HaRav Chaim Kanievsky Shlita and the Vishnitzer Rebbe Shlita. Many roshei yeshivos were present as well, as were principals of girl’s high schools were present.
A very short letter was sent by HaGaon HaRav Aryeh Yehuda Leib Shteinman Shlita expressing opposition to the teaching of secular subjects to girls in high school and to “educate the girls in the exclusive framework of Beis Yaakov”.
“כבר עוררנו בעבר על חומר הלימוד במקומות שאין רוח חכמים נוחה מהם, ואנו שבים ומעוררים שהמקום היחידי שאפשר וראוי לחנך בו בנות ישראל הוא במסגרות בית יעקב בלבד”
The gathering was organized by the Education Committee of the joint Torah Councils of both Agudas Yisrael and Degel Hatorah to emphasize the dangers posed to the children by introducing “foreign education into the camp”.
The main points delivered to participants include:
· Gedolei Yisrael are responsible for the education of Jewish girls from the youngest age until completion.
· There is a real danger in all institutions that teach secular subjects from both the subject matter and lecturers. Therefore, Jewish girls and women should not study in academic institutions including those which are extensions of this institutions, even if they calls themselves ‘seminaries’ but give an academic diploma.
· Bnos Yisrael should not get a matriculation diploma (bagrut) or engage in studies preparing them for higher learning without exception and one must not take the tests independently. This must be stringently enforced by principals.
· All studies and continuing education seminars attended by the girls and teachers in Beis Yaakov must be exclusively in the framework of Beis Yaakov and no other institution and it goes without saying a woman should not seek an academic diploma.
· We call on school principals and administrators not to recognize any degree from any institution not under the guidance of the Vaad Chinuch (Education Committee).
The son of the Slonimer Rebbe Shlita, Rosh Yeshivas Slonim HaGaon HaTzaddik Rav Mosher Brazovsky Shlita stated most of the girls are not seeking the academic education or degree but are seeking a means of supporting a family. He warned that while this may be so, one cannot compromise one’s neshama and emunah for the sake of earning a livelihood.