“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Thursday, May 30, 2024

Houthi Mistakenly Bomb Ship that was full of grain bound for Iran


 Greek-owned, Marshall Islands-flagged bulk carrier that came under attack by Yemen's Houthi rebels earlier this week had a cargo of grain bound for Iran, the group's main benefactor, authorities said Thursday.

The attack on the Laax comes as the Houthis continue their attacks on shipping throughout the Red Sea corridor, part of a campaign they say aims at pressuring Israel and the West over the war in Gaza. However, as shipping through that artery has dropped during the months of attacks, the rebels have struck vessels associated with Iran, as well as Tehran's economic lifelines of China and Russia.

Initially after the attack, the Laax had listed its destination as Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates. On Thursday, however, its listed destination instead appeared to be Bandar Khomeini, Iran.

A statement released by French naval forces based in the UAE that patrol the Middle East also identified the vessel's grain shipment as being bound for Iran. It said that a team from Djibouti had inspected the damage caused by the attack, which it said involved both drones and missiles, and found no remaining dangerous explosives onboard the ship.

Images released by the French navy showed damage both at the waterline of the vessel, as well as on its deck.

Tuesday's attack saw five missiles hit the Laax during the hours-long assault, the private security firm LSS-SAPU told the Associated Press. LSS-SAPU, which earlier helped evacuate mariners from the Houthi-attacked Rubymar that later sunk, said there had been no prior warning by radio from the Houthis.

LSS-SAPU had three armed security guards onboard the Laax at the time of the attack. Among the ship's crew were 13 Filipinos and one Ukrainian, the Philippine Department of Migrant Workers said in a statement.

The Houthis have launched more than 50 attacks on shipping, killed three sailors, seized one vessel and sunk another since November, according to the U.S. Maritime Administration.

On Wednesday, another U.S. MQ-9 Reaper drone apparently crashed in Yemen, with the Houthis claiming they fired a surface-to-air missile at it. The U.S. Air Force didn't report any aircraft missing, leading to suspicion that the drone may have been piloted by the CIA. As many as three may have been lost this month alone.

Gambrell writes for the Associated Press.

Three Cheers For Bill Maher Who schools the Yentas of The View!

 


The Grisly Details How IDF Discovered the 4 Israeli Hostages

 


A tragic report from the Times of Israel has exposed the grisly details of how Israeli troops made the heartbreaking discovery last week of four Israeli hostages brutally murdered by Hamas.

According to the harrowing account, IDF paratroopers stumbled upon the gruesome scene almost by chance while clearing the Jabaliya neighborhood in the Gaza Strip. They came under yup from Hamas terrorists and encountered a vast network of terror tunnels and booby traps. A Yahalom squad commander’s instincts led him to pull up an unassuming rug in an abandoned house, revealing a shaft entrance to an underground tunnel.

“We discovered explosives at the entrance to the shaft,” the unnamed commander told The Times of Israel. “We began operating underground, carefully, with determination, using intuition.”

What elite Israeli combat engineers found beneath that rug should shake the world – the rotting bodies of four Israeli civilians kidnapped last October by the sadistic Hamas terrorists. Amit Buskila, Ron Benjamin, Itzhak Gelerenter and Shani Louk had been held hostage for eight agonizing months by the Iranian-backed terrorists before being massacred and unceremoniously dumped in the shadows of the tunnel.

While the grief of the victims’ families is unimaginable, the heroism and dedication of the Israeli troops bringing them home is  undeniable.

“Having confirmed they were our hostages, there is no greater pride than that,” the commander said. “There is no greater privilege. And we want to continue ceaselessly to bring more and more hostages home.”

Undeterred by recent allegations of “war crimes” from the International Criminal Court, the democratic Israeli military continues to fight with professionalism and make every effort to uphold international norms even as its troops come under fire from an enemy that glorifies bloodshed.

Finally a Voice of Reason About the Huge Chillul Hashem by Chareidim in Meron on Lag Be'Omer




Letter to the Editor 


  I am writing this letter on Sunday afternoon - Lag Baomer. 

 The videos and pictures coming from Meron are disheartening and simply awful to look at. It is hard to imagine without being there to actually see it myself that this can all be true. 

 I am not talking about the unfortunate emptiness of thousands upon thousands of Yidden unable to celebrate this holy day as we have in the past. For a reason we certainly do not know, yet must take a lesson from, Hashem has decided that this year, 5784, Meron would not be available to us.

 After all, just a few days ago we saw, incredibly, bombs land and explode on Har Meron. B”h nobody was hurt. the IDF and or the Israeli government and or the Israeli police deemed Kever Rashbi and Har Meron as dangerous, and a place that must be off  limits for this weekend. Perhaps they had intelligence that we are unaware of, perhaps they were concerned that masses of people gathered together would be a major target, perhaps they felt that with everything going on they were unable to safely guard and secure the area, perhaps they felt that if CV something went wrong they would not be able at this time to respond to a mass casualty event, perhaps they simply felt with everything going on in the country this was not the time or place for such a large gathering of celebration. 

 Truthfully - who cares what their reason was. The authorities made a decision, and the people need to follow the law. Period. End of story! 

 What has Meron become?

The pain of losing 45 Kedoshim is still raw and fresh and with today being their yartzheits it reminds us of that fateful night where all the pushing and shoving led to a stampede. Oy my heart hurts and tears well up just thinking of that scene and what happened in Meron that night. 

 Now, just a few years later, we again need to see horrible scenes coming from this same Mokom Kodosh? Why? When will we learn our lesson?

 Not one Yid, no matter who they are, no matter what their reason, not one Yid (that is unless they had specific personal permission) should have been on Har Meron or at Kever Rashbi this Lag Ba'omer. Not one!

 How dare a few yidden, at a time like this, during a war, when specifically told with more than enough time in advance, how dare they choose to go anyways and through their (immature selfish) actions put a dark stamp on the face of all of the Oilam Hatorah AKA Chareidi world. What an outright chutzpah! 

 Now, of course seeing one Jew hit, push, kick, another Jew is terrible. It should not have happened. Nevertheless, the onus is NOT on the policeman. they didn't want to be there in the first place, they wanted to be with their brothers and sisters fighting to protect us. Yet, they did their job and came to make sure all was in order.

 On the other hand, those yiddin who made their way to Meron had no right to go and they knew when they went that they were going to cause trouble. They just didn't care. 

 In all of the terrible videos that are going around, all we see are people refusing to leave, fighting to be allowed to go to the kever, and trying not to budge when being prodded and moved.

 Our nature of seeing is believing made too many of us think that what we saw is all that happened. NOT TRUE. What we saw was the END of what happened. 

The first part of what happened is that these people were turned away without force, and the police were there to keep order and not allow people to break the law and did so. It only became the unfortunate reality of what we saw because this yiddin refused to follow orders. 

Yes, even the elderly yid who got that one final strong push causing him to fall and be hurt, if you watch the video again you will see he was leaning back refusing to follow orders and do what he was told. What did he think was going to happen? The Police would just let him in? Had he listened to instructions he would be fine right now. Instead, he is suffering. Sadly, he brought this upon himself 

 Don't blame the police. Blame the people. 

In this instance unfolding today it is the people who were entirely wrong and the police entirely right. What a shame and once again what a terrible sight to see coming out of this holy place just a few years to the day after we lost 45 lives. Sad and Angry

Israelis Overwhelmingly Think Netanyahu is more suited to be prime minister than Gantz

 

If an election were held today, Benny Gantz's National Unity Party would still win the most seats. Still, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud Party is closing the gap, according to a new Channel 12 poll published Wednesday night.

The poll also claimed that, for the first time since the war with Hamas began, Netanyahu has surpassed Gantz as being seen as better suited for the prime ministerial role.

According to the poll, if Israel were to head to elections today, the National Unity Party led by Gantz would be the largest political party with 25 seats. At the same time, Netanyahu's Likud Party, which narrowed the gap, would get 21 seats.

Yair Lapid's Yesh Atid Party came in third, winning a projected 13 seats. Next came Labor, after the primary victory of Yair Golan, which was projected to win 10 seats together with Meretz. Also projected to win 10 seats are Arye Deri's Shas Party and Avigdor Liberman's Yisrael Beytenu. National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir's Otzma Yehudit Party was set to win nine seats, while the haredi United Torah Judaism Party was set to win seven. 

After that came Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich's Religious Zionist Party, alongside the Arab parties of Ra'am and Hadash-Ta'al, which were all set to win five seats. 

At the bottom came Gideon Sa'ar's New Hope – The United Right Party and Sami Abu Shehadeh's Balad Party, failing to cross the electoral threshold. 

The survey also examined a possible party formed by several center-right figures. These included Liberman and Sa'ar, former prime minister Naftali Bennett, and former Mossad chief Yossi Cohen. This new party would win 16 seats in a hypothetical election. 

This would have electoral implications for other parties. While some, like the Likud, would stay the same, others would see their numbers drop. Gantz's National Unity Party would only win 21 seats, the same as the Likud, while Yesh Atid would get just 12 and the Religious Zionist Party would only get four.

The biggest shakeup in the poll was over suitability for the premiership. Netanyahu surpassed Gantz in the public eye for the first time since the war started, with 56% compared to Gantz's 30%.

The National Unity leader isn't even in second place – rather, former prime minister Bennett being seen as more suitable for the role of prime minister.

Left going Insane over John Fetterman's Removal of His Harvard Hood at Yeshiva University Commencement

 



 Sen John Fetterman expressed his 'profound disappointment' to the alumni of Yeshiva University on Wednesday, May 29, over Harvard University's failure to combat antisemitism on campus before taking down the ceremonial red academic hood that represented his alma college, according to the New York Post.

During his commencement speech at the private Orthodox Jewish university, which awarded him the highest accolade conferred upon it, the 'Hero of Israel' award, he voiced his disapproval of the Ivy League school.

Fetterman told the new grads at Louis Armstrong Stadium in Queens, "I have been profoundly disappointed [by] Harvard's inability to stand up for the Jewish community after October 7."

He added as he removed the Harvard hood, "Personally, I do not fundamentally believe that it is right for me to wear this today." Following the symbolic act, Fetterman-a fervent supporter of Israel's fight against Hamas-was given a standing ovation. 

He added, "The Jewish community everywhere deserves our support. And I promise you will always have mine."

Notably, following his well-received speech, Fetterman was seen dancing with school administrators and children.

Former Harvard president Claudine Gay was under fire for not calling out 30 student organizations over their statement accusing Israel of being "entirely responsible" for the deadly rampage by Hamas after the attack on the Jewish state on October 7, 2023.

In her testimony before Congress on December 5, Gay declined to say that anyone in the organization who advocated for the eradication of Jews would suffer the repercussions. Faculty members at Harvard at the time wrote a statement endorsing Gay and advising the administration to withstand political pressure.

Fetterman's accusations drew out the leftists who went berserk online.

A user wrote on X, "What an attention-seeking loser- has his wife left him yet, she was always the best part," while one added, "This won't age well, guaranteed!"

Meanwhile, a person stated, "You've never looked so good without your hoodie, Senator!" whereas one mentioned, "Is it me, or is he hotter by the minute?"

A user commented, "He'll be Republican soon. Just a matter of time." Another added, "This US Senator, one of 100 of the most powerful people in the world, works best in pantomime and other non-speaking performances. Also available for hand and bald-head model work."

What a Surprise!! "Climate Change" Organization is Really a Pro-Hamas Group!

 They sure changed the climate! No Question about that!

When Archi Bunker Met the Rabbi

 

*Breaking: Pro-Hamas Mob Burns Israeli Embassy in Mexico City

 



The Mexican government’s disturbing embrace of the prejudiced international campaign to demonize Israel has now unleashed explosive real-world consequences on its own soil.

Disturbingly, a pro-Hamas mob setting fire to the Israeli embassy in Mexico City on Wednesday offered a grim glimpse into the destructive forces President López Obrador’s regime is willfully inflaming.

According to AFP, upwards of 200 anti-Israel protesters descended upon  the Israeli diplomatic compound in Mexico’s capital. Masked assailants hurled rocks and other sharp object in an attempt to breach the security perimeter around the embassy as fires raged in the background. Unverified reports indicated multiple casualties amid the lawless mayhem as protesters defiantly waved Palestinian flags.

On Tuesday, Mexico made the reprehensible decision to intervene in the International Court of Justice case accusing Israel of ‘genocide.’

Mexico has shamelessly signaled its intent to leverage its position as a party to the Genocide Convention not to uphold its spirit of preventing future atrocities, but rather to legislate an extremist reinterpretation of the treaty that would render virtually any attempt by Israel to combat Hamas terror as a criminal act of ethnic cleansing against civilians.

Shiksa Discribes Her "SleepOver" in Chabad Household of 9 Children