“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Zev Jabotinsky the Prophet that no one listened to.

 

The author Andrew Getraer is wondering why no one listened to Zev Jabotinsky's dire warning in 1938 that a destruction of European Jewry was a sure thing in coming, but I am not surprised at all.
I grew up amongst survivors, and I remember them saying that Jabotinsky was going frum shul to shul to warn them and the Rabbanim would not let him in to speak, why?
Because he was a Zionist and they didn't want anyone making Aliya or even going to the USA which they called the "treifina medina" they believed that Hitler would never ever come to Hungary and Romania.
Frum Jews especially what we now know as "Charedim" are disconnected from history and even their very own history, they don't, on principle refuse to even learn Nach except if a verse is mentioned in the gemarrah.

But they learned nothing!
In New York City they elected a Muslim antisemitic Mayor whose rhetoric of hate aginst the State of Israel instigated the stabbings against Jews just last week, yet Satmar who endorsed this vile cesspool of hate, have yet to join the chorus of Jews condemning the Mayor's hate speech? Why? Because they believe the Mayor is going to come through for their Mosidois that preach and embed hate against other Jews living in Israel. (see the side bar "The Williamsburg Bubbie from Hell ")

by Andrew Getraer
The Jewish Sages say that prophecy ceased 2,500 years ago. I'm not so sure.
The Prophet Jeremiah spent years trying to warn the Jews of his time that disaster, death, and destruction were coming unless they took action. In the 20th Century, another man tried to do the same.
The brilliant writer and Zionist leader Zev Jabotinsky spent years trying to warn the Jews of his time that disaster, death, and destruction were coming unless they took action.
On Tisha B'Av 1938, on the eve of the Holocaust, he delivered this speech in Warsaw, Poland:
“It is for three years that I have been calling on you, Jews of Poland, the glory of world Jewry, with an appeal. I have been ceaselessly warning you that the catastrophe is coming closer.
My hair has turned white, and I have aged in these years because my heart is bleeding, for you, dear brothers and sisters, do not see the volcano that will soon begin to spurt out the fire of destruction.
I see a terrifying sight. The time is short in which one can still be saved.
I know: you do not see because you are bothered and rushing about with everyday worries … Listen to my remarks at the twelfth hour.
For God’s sake, may each one save his life while there is still time. And time is short.
I want to say one more thing to you on this day of the Ninth of Av: Those who will succeed to escape from the catastrophe will merit a moment of great Jewish joy — the rebirth and rise of a Jewish State.
I do not know if I will earn that. My son, yes!
I believe in this just as I am sure that tomorrow morning the sun will shine once again. I believe in this with total faith.”
Like Jeremiah, Jabotinsky prophesied in vain, was ostracized by the Jewish leaders of his day, and broke himself trying to save his people. And like Jeremiah, his prophecy came true.
Likewise, Theodor Herzl was a prophet. The poet Uri Zvi Greenberg was a prophet. No one listened.

Are there prophets today, deeply caring, visionary people who see the disaster before us, are trying to warn us, and that no one wants to believe?

No comments: