“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Sunday, July 26, 2026

ANOTHER 5YR OLD GIRL STRUCK BY CAR IN MONSEY...


MONSEY: A child was struck by a vehicle shortly before Shabbos on Friday at the intersection of Calvert Drive and School Terrace. Hatzoloh EMS, and Ramapo Police, responded to the scene.

The child was transported with serious injuries but stable condition to Westchester Medical Center.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slow down
Put away the phone
Be home at 1:00pm

Sabra65 said...

As a resident of Monsey for the past 22 years, I can tell you that this town has descended into a demolition derby. It seems that Monsey has become a haven for every maniac that moved here from Brooklyn. The majority of drivers text while driving; I see it. You stop at a red light, you have to wait until the guy up front stops texting to move. You drive on a narrow, curving road, and some nut is barreling down the other side in the middle of the road (yes, Ive had several near misses); especially the chasidishe school bus drivers. Most people here have bluetooth, so there is zero reason not to use it. I look at monsey scoop and countless accidents every single day. Cars don't drive themselves into poles and trees. How many kids have to get hit? Its out of hand already. How many times do these morons have to be told that you cannot pass a school bus with red lights flashing? We've all seen the videos, there is always some idiot who just cannot wait. Some examples, a guy driving on the sidewalk on 59 opposite evergreen, another one driving on the crosswalk in front of evergreen because its much to far to got a little bit around, guys racing up the turning lane on 59 only to cut off the driver in front. I could go on. Bottom line is, drive like a mentch and follow the rules. You might be saving someone's life.