Tuesday, December 26, 2023

Inside a Facility Where Oct. 7 Terrorists Are Imprisoned


From left: Sgt. 1st Class Zohar Elazari, Lt. Col. Shachar Kamisa, Sgt. 1st Class Oren Reuveni and Advanced Staff Sgt. Maj. Mowafaq Asakla.

Handcuffed and wearing blindfolds, dressed in brown overalls, the prisoners were brought into a side room. One by one they were sat down on a round chair in front of a camera and bright light and photographed against the backdrop of an Israeli flag. They were terrorists from Hamas’s Nukhba special forces unit and had been brought to the prison a month and a half earlier.


“When they arrived, one of them looked at me and started wailing,” Staff Sgt. Maj. Mowafaq Asakla, the commander of an Israel Prison Service (IPS) security team who oversees a prison facility whose location is classified, told Israel Hayom. “He cried, said he was just a construction worker who came to Israel to find work and that he had no money for food for his children. He kept saying, ‘I’m a worker, I’m a worker. I didn’t do anything.’

“The next day I found out who he was when I saw his personal belongings. He was not a worker, he was a murderer who had killed a young [Israeli] woman and her young son in cold blood, who had used a knife while they were alive and then shot them in the head. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg.


“I felt sick. I cannot comprehend where such evil comes from. It’s important to maintain professionalism when dealing with terrorists, but I admit that it’s hard for me to look at him. He disgusts me. On the outside, I’m a poker face, but inside my soul is in turmoil. When I learned of his actions, I couldn’t fall asleep. That night I got on my motorcycle and drove around for hours.”


 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Name one reason these monsters should not be put to death now.

Cohen Y said...

Easy.
The hostages' relatives (lefties) stridently opposed that,when BenGvir raised the topic .
They rather the traditional religious boys sacrificing themselves instead