Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Shelly Silver Says He Fears Death in Prison, Says He’s Sorry



Too bad that Shelly didn't wear  a shtreimel and have a beard. If he had, he would have had more sympathy  from the heimishe public .... now nobody gives a damn! 
Sheldon Silver, fearing he will spend the rest of his days behind bars, said he’s sorry for what he did in one of NY State government’s most powerful jobs – and said he’s worried about his well-being.
“I worry about my own age and health. I pray I will not die in prison,” the 74-year-old former Assembly speaker wrote in the July 19th letter to Manhattan federal Judge Valerie Caproni, according to a New York Daily News report.
Caproni is expected to sentence Silver to prison on corruption charges next Friday.
“The only confidence I have left is thanks to the strength and support of my wife, who is my rock,” Silver wrote. “[B]ut we are both crumbling. I worry about my grandchildren and how they will be treated because of me. I worry that my wife will be destitute. I worry about her trying to visit me while continuing to be a full-time helper for her 93 year old mother.”
He later writes, “Everything I ever accomplished has become a joke and a spectacle.”


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rot in jail you corrupt piece of garbage.