Amanda Berry
Gina DeJesus
Giving thanks: Amanda Berry, 27, and Gina DeJesus, 23, both appeared in the brief video, posted late last night on the YouTube page for the public relations firm that the women hired
Knight spoke in a halting voice in the video released by a Cleveland-based public relations firm primarily so they could thanks family and supporters.
Knight said in the video that she is building a 'brand new life.'
'I may have been through hell and back, but I am strong enough to walk through hell with a smile on my face and my head held high,' she said, reading from a prepared statement. 
'I will not let the situation define who I am. I will define the situation. I don't want to be consumed by hatred.'
Kathy Joseph, Knight's attorney, said in a statement that the three women wanted to 'say thank you to people from Cleveland and across the world, now that two months have passed.'
All three women could come face to face with their alleged captor next month when he stands trial on 139 counts of rape, 177 counts of kidnapping, seven counts of gross sexual imposition, three counts of felonious assault and one count of possession of criminal tools. 
Castro, a former school bus driver, has pleaded not guilty.