“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Tuesday, July 28, 2026

BEYOND THE WALL - The Call Of Geulah ... See the Sources that Permit Aliyah to the Har Habayis! The "Kareis Screamers"

 


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

R’ Chaim Kanievsky quoted the Gemara (Kesuvos 112b), where “Rav Zeira says bsheim Rebbi Yirmiyah bar Abba that in the dor Ben Dovid comes, there’ll be accusations & tribunals vs talmidei chochomim — "just like today. The Tzioni Medinah will do so, like now," citing the Gemara's continuation of "gezeira after gezeira," with enemies (Hi DIN!) denigrating talmidei chochomim "over & over."

"When these meshugoyim make gezeira after gezeira ... we’re in ikvesa d'Meshicha — the dor that Ben Dovid comes."

Anonymous said...

I'm glad this guy knows what Hakadosh Baruch Hu thinks.

Anonymous said...

While I usually enjoy R. Michoel’s commentary, I had a very difficult time with this episode.

Homebound to Eretz Yisroel’s podcast is usually right on point.
Spreading awareness about Aliya
and the Mitzva of Yishuv EY.
All great topics and a must watch.

This episode I had a difficult time with. Here is why

In my opinion it goes against some מאמרי חז״ל

Yes, the Ribono shel Olam “wants us to get closer to him and do better.” Yes.

“Therefore simply to sit on the floor and cry is not the goal” correct ✅

If you cry and you don’t think what you are crying for [that’s no good]”
Again correct ✅

But where does R. Michoel get that Tisha b’aav is a time to do??

Additionally R. Yehuda Levi goes even further and says, if I understood him correctly, that ט׳ באב is a time to act in other ways by coming to EY, going to the Kosel not only by fixing sinas chinam.

Where are these good Rabbi’s getting this from ?

IMHO, Tisha B’aav is a time of mourning and correcting our ways so that we can dance again!
Fixing sinas chinam. Absolutely!

Coming to the kosel is in my opinion, very heilig and certainly appropriate on Tisha b’aav….
but in my opinion it does not relate to mitzvas hayom of Tisha b’av.

I thought The mitzvas hayom of ט׳ באב was clear

As it says in
ישעיהו: "שִׂמְחוِ את יְרוּשָׁלַם וְגִילוּ בָהּ כָּל אֹהֲבֶיהָ, שִׂישׂוِ אִתָּהּ מָשׂוֹשׂ כָּל הַמִּתְאַבְּלִים עָלֶיה
Tisha b’aav is a time to mourn.
And that is why we don’t learn anything besides sad things.

We are not allowed to learn about the Mitzva of Yishuv EY on Tisha b’aav.

If Reb Michoel and Reb Yehuda were correct why can’t we learn about the Mitzva of Yishuv on ט׳ באב

Imho, the reason is because that is not the avodah of Tisha B’aav.
On Tisha b’aav The avoda is MOURN
Full stop. 🛑

Again, so I am very clear. My issue with this episode is not whether we agree or disagree about the importance of doing and acting etc. but rather my problem that it is not part of the Mitzvas Hayom of Tisha b’aav. Is it Commendable.? Absolutely!
Tisha b’aav related. Not really

Am I missing something? And if so please cite chazal sources

Anonymous said...

If so, why are there hundreds of shiyurim and videos to see on Tishabav explaining and discussing? Why not just fast, say kinos, nap , open the bakery after chatzos and count the hours until end of fast? Just mourning without meaning is meaningless.