“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Saturday, January 27, 2024

US Pauses Funding to UN Agency for Palestinians After Claims Staffers Were Involved in Hamas Attack

 

The U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees fired a number of its staffers in Gaza suspected of taking part in the Oct. 7 attack by Hamas and other militants on southern Israel, its director said Friday, prompting the United States — the agency’s biggest donor — to temporary halt its funding.

The agency, known by its acronym UNRWA, has been the main agency providing aid for Gaza’s population amid the humanitarian disaster caused by Israel’s offensive against Hamas in Gaza triggered by the Oct. 7 attack. UNRWA officials did comment on the impact that the U.S. halt in funding would have on its operations.

UNRWA chief Philippe Lazzarini said it terminated contracts with “several” employees and ordered an investigation after Israel provided information alleging they played a role in the attack. The U.S. State Department said there were allegations against 12 employees. UNRWA has 13,000 staffers in Gaza, almost all of them Palestinians, ranging from teachers in schools that the agency runs to doctors, medical staff and aid workers.

In a statement, Lazzarini called the allegations “shocking” and said any employee “involved in acts of terror will be held accountable, including through criminal prosecution.”

He did not elaborate on what the staffers’ alleged role was in the attacks. In the unprecedented surprise attack, Hamas fighters broke through the security fence surrounding Gaza and stormed nearby Israeli communities, killing around 1,200 people, mostly civilians, and kidnapping some 250. Other militants joined the rampage.

“UNRWA reiterates its condemnation in the strongest possible terms of the abhorrent attacks of 7 October” and calls for the immediate and unconditional release of all Israeli hostages, Lazzarini said.

50% of Biden voters say Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians

 

  • Half of Biden's 2020 voters say Israel is committing genocide against Palestinians, per a new poll.
  • 20% of Biden voters say that's not the case, while 30% say they aren't sure.
  • It comes amid deepening Democratic divisions over Israel.

As the US continues to support Israel's war in Gaza, new polling shows that half of President Joe Biden's coalition views that war as constituting a genocide.

50% of voters who voted for Biden in 2020 think that Israel is "committing genocide against Palestinian civilians, according to polling from YouGov and The Economist conducted from January 21-23 that surveyed 1,664 US adult citizens.

Another 20% of Biden voters said that's not the case, while another 30% said they were not sure.

Among all registered voters, 32% said that Israel is committing genocide, while 42% said no and another 26% said they were not sure. 67% of Republicans said Israel is not committing genocide.

The new polling comes as Democratic divisions deepen over US support for Israel, and as the death toll in Gaza has surpassed 25,000 people. Israel launched an offensive after the October 7 Hamas terrorist attacks killed 1,200 people.

At recent public appearances, Biden has often been confronted by protesters calling for a ceasefire in Gaza, and progressives have increasingly pushed the Biden administration to help bring an end to the war.

Friday, January 26, 2024

Zera Shimshon Parshas Be'Shallach

 


Hamas Terrified That Israel is Importing the Para Adumah

 

 When Abu Obeida, a military spokesman for Hamas, began his televised speech marking 100 days since the October 7 attack last week, most of what he said followed the familiar mantra of praising Hamas’ military resistance and calling for all Muslims to rise against Israel. But as he began listing the motives for the October 7 massacre, he said that the aggression against “our path and Al-Aqsa” reached its peak with the “bringing of red cows.”

To much of the world, such a statement sounds strange, as they are not aware of traditional Jewish beliefs regarding the “Parah Adumah”, the red heifers used for purification.  The “bringing of red cows” which Obeida was referring to was the 2022 arrival of five red heifers to the Temple Institute, a Jewish organization focused on establishing the Third Temple on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. The heifers are quietly being groomed by the Institute for their ultimate goal.

The rare animal is the main component in a ritual purification ceremony for cleansing ritual impurity from proximity or contact with a dead body. Since the destruction of the Second Temple, all Jews today are considered ritually impure, thereby preventing the return of the Temple service and even entering the holy places on Temple Mount.

Securing a potential unblemished red heifer is key to the first steps of restarting the Temple service, which implies the removal of the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Omar building, rebuilding the Temple, and, ultimately, the return of the Temple Mount to Jewish control. The mere fact that all Jews would be able to ascend to Temple Mount would create pressure to resume services there and rebuild the Temple. Some Jewish traditions maintain that the Third Temple will come down from heaven, but others say that the temple will like its predecessors be constructed by the Jewish nation.

The current effort to rebuild the Temple is not supported by Israel’s government or universally supported within Judaism, but the step toward performing the arcane red heifer ceremony doesn’t just imply a return to the Holy Temple service; it points to the nearness of Moshiach and the ultimate redemption of Israel. According to Rambam, nine red heifers were brought in previous times, the tenth red heifer will be presented by Moshiach himself.

Abu Obeida may not be versed in all Jewish traditions, but he does realize the ultimate threat to Hamas claims of Muslim superiority: The reconstruction of the Temple and the resumption of the holy services there.

NYU professor tells students Hamas baby killings ‘not true,’ labels New York a ‘Zionist’ city

 


Creep was “suspended. But don’t kvetch about this pro-hamas terrorist teaching at NYU & The New School. Call NYU NOW AND DEMAND HIS DISMISSAL!
The # is in this statement from NYU.
https://www.nyu.edu/about/news-publications/news/2024/january/statement-by-nyu-spokesperson-john-beckman-regarding-amin-husain.html

 An NYU professor says that Hamas did not commit atrocities such as beheading babies and torturing women on October 7, telling a group of students: “We know it’s not true.”

“We live in a Zionist city,” Amin Husain said at an event in December organized by Students for Justice in Palestine at The New School. “No, let’s be real about this, let’s be ——— real.”

In the video of the sickening comments, Husain sits wearing a keffiyeh while speaking to a classroom as he comments on the “Palestinian liberation struggle.”

The adjunct professor also joked about his reputation for being antisemitic, referencing a petition launched by an NYU alumnus calling for his dismissal: “I have a petition going around, right, because I’m antisemitic. I won the honors of antisemitic multiple times.”

Husain mentioned his profile on the site Canary Mission, which says he organized multiple violent disruptions and incited hatred of the US, police, and pro-Israel supporters. The profile also states that he claimed to have participated in the first intifada, visited a leader of Palestinian Islamic Jihad, and has expressed support for the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine.

“Everything they cite. . . is true,” Husain said about the profile.

Congressman Ritchie Torres, a staunch Israel supporter, commented on the professor’s remarks: “October 7th denial, a close cousin of Holocaust denial, is the latest mutation in the DNA of antisemitism. The latest embarrassment is Amin Husain, a professor who not only downplays but also outright denies the atrocities of Hamas, telling his students that October 7th is ‘not true’”..

“The higher education industrial complex has been exposed as a cesspool of antisemitism.”

In an email to The Free Press, NYU spokesperson John Beckman said the university does not “discuss the details of an employee’s work records. All members of our community must adhere to the University’s discrimination and anti-harassment policies. We investigate all complaints we receive and take appropriate action, which may include taking interim measures such as suspension.” When pressed on whether or not Husain is still employed by NYU, Beckman wrote, “He’s not currently in the classroom.

Thursday, January 25, 2024

Lipa Schmeltzer Makes a "She'hechayanu" After smashing up his car


Chassidim watch an older guy and a Younger guy beat the crap out of each other in the lobby of Bais Medrish, and no one stops it!

Setting him straight

 

Questions that parents will ask their daughter about the one she is dating

 

The Lying NBC Attempts to Discredit Chaya Raichik Libs of TikTok Creator Fabricating that she was "Implicated in 'Bomb Threats'

 



On Tuesday, Chaya Raichik -- the woman behind the Libs of TikTok social media account, which has done significant work exposing sexually explicit materials and LGBT indoctrination in public schools -- was named to a position on the Oklahoma Education Department’s Library Media Advisory Committee.

Oklahoma is conservative. Raichik has been instrumental in the parental rights movement, so the association was a natural fit. It's the kind of thing that, back in the golden days of the local newspaper, would get maybe 10 column inches on page D16, at best.

“Chaya is on the front lines showing the world exactly what the radical left is all about -- lowering standards, porn in schools, and pushing woke indoctrination on our kids,” state Superintendent Ryan Walters said in a statement, according to NBC News.

“Because of her work, families across the country know just what is going on in schools around the country.”

In those halcyon days of column-inches, of course, the most controversial aspect of Raichik's appointment is that she's not a resident of Oklahoma or has official training in education -- although her impeccable credentials in chronicling the current moral Babylon of state-sponsored education makes up for those. Not at NBC News, though. No, to the fine folks at the Peacock Network, the real story was that a "far-right influencer" who was inspiring "bomb threats" got the job.

A far-right influencer who was accused of instigating bomb threats last year against a school library in Tulsa has been named an adviser to a state library committee, the head of the Oklahoma State Department of Education says. https://t.co/joS0KS5Xfi

— NBC News (@NBCNews) January 24, 2024