“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Monday, January 9, 2023

Stupid Biden Administration presents ancient artifact to Palestinians, To strengthen Their Lying false claims to land

 

This would be laughable if it weren't so tragic!

American and Palestinian officials gathered on Thursday at the Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities in Bethlehem for what was described as “the historic repatriation of a rare Palestinian cultural object.”

During the ceremony, the Department of Homeland Security’s investigative arm (Homeland Security Investigations) delivered a 2,700-year-old cosmetic spoon to the Palestinian Authority. The ancient tool is carved from ivory and has an etched winged figure into its front side. It was used to ladle incense onto fires and braziers at rites venerating the gods and the dead.

PA Minister of Tourism Rula Maayah welcomed the U.S. delegation.

“This artifact is important as it acquires its real scientific and archaeological value in its authentic location,” Maayah said. “The artifact that is being delivered today is a cosmetic tool that was used to pour incense and it dates to the Assyrian civilization 700-800 BC.”

Modern concepts of “Palestine” only began to emerge in the mid-19th century. It would not be until the mid-20th century—two decades after the birth of the State of Israel—that Arabs in the disputed territories would begin to show signs of a distinctive national identity.

The artifact was seized from Jewish-American billionaire Michael Steinhardt as part of a criminal probe in New York. As part of a deal to avoid prosecution, Steinhardt agreed in late 2021 to turn over $70 million worth of stolen antiquities that authorities claim were illegally acquired in Israel.

Officials say the cosmetic spoon first surfaced on the international art market in January 2003, when Steinhardt bought it from an Israeli antiques dealer who has been accused of dealing in illicit Israeli and Middle Eastern antiquities.

There is no indication as to what makes this object culturally Palestinian. Yet the head of the U.S. Office of Palestinian Affairs, George Noll, stated that his office “is proud to facilitate the return of this rare antiquity, an example of Palestinian cultural patrimony.”

“This is a historic moment between the American and Palestinian people and a demonstration of our belief in the power of cultural exchanges in building mutual understanding, respect, and partnership,” said Noll.

Special Agent in Charge for Homeland Security Investigations in New York Ivan J. Arvelo said, “Antiquities trafficking is a multi-billion-dollar business with looters and smugglers turning a profit at the expense of cultural heritage. We are honored to join our partners today in the historic repatriation of this artifact to the Palestinian Authority.”

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg added, “We are proud to join our law enforcement and government partners in this historic moment.”

400 Items hidden by Jews in Lodz Yard Uncovered

 





About 400 items believed to have been hidden in the ground by their Jewish owners during World War II have been uncovered during house renovation work in a yard in Lodz in central Poland, media reports said Sunday.

History experts say that the objects include Hanukkah menorahs and items used in daily life, TVN 24 reported.

They are mostly silver-plated tableware, menorahs and glass containers for cosmetics, according to the regional office for the preservation of historic objects. The office’s experts said on Facebook last week that the objects will be handed over to the city’s Archaeology Museum.

The stash was found in December and two of the hanukkiahs were lighted Dec. 22 during Hannukah organized by the city’s Jewish community.

The address at 23 Polnocna Street, where the objects were found, was just outside the perimeter of the Litzmannstadt Ghetto that the occupying Nazi Germans established in Lodz in February 1940 and until August 1944 held about 200,000 Jews from across Europe. Most of the inmates died there or in concentration camps.


Sunday, January 8, 2023

Finance Minister transferring NIS 139 millions of PA funds to terror victims

 

Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich will today (Sunday) sign the order to implement one of the measures the cabinet decided on last week to retaliate against the Palestinian Authority for seeking to bring Israel before the International Criminal Court in the Hague.

The move will transfer approximately NIS 139 million from funds for the Palestinian Authority to Israeli victims of terrorism, implementing the Litvak verdict.

The cabinet also decided to immediately offset the payments made by the PA to terrorists and their families in 2022, according to the report of the defense establishment.

Additional sanctions include the placing of a moratorium on Palestinian construction plans in Area C, following illegal take-over attempts by the PA, in opposition to international agreements, denying benefits to VIPs who are leading the political and legal war against Israel, and actions against organizations in Judea and Samaria that promote terrorist activity or any hostile activity, including political and legal action against Israel under the guise of humanitarian work.

National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir commented: "Our right-wing government has made its intentions clear. We made a decision in the cabinet to take immediate steps against the Palestinian Authority and its leaders. I hope and believe that more measures will be taken against those who support terrorism and try to put pressure on Israel."

Biden's Partner in Middle East Peace Says " Israelis can leave Palestine by sea or by wading into a sea of blood"

 


Fatah Central Committee member Abbas Zaki said in a recent televised address that Israelis must choose between leaving Palestine by sea, or wading "into a sea of blood".

He praised Palestinian Arab terrorists who have taken the initiative to carry out attacks and for causing Israel to "lose sleep", and he said that the Palestinian Arabs have given "everything" for peace. He added that Israel's settler "scum" should "think about leaving".

The comments aired on Palestine TV on January 2 and were translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).

"If the [Israelis] want to carry out what they proposed during the elections, then they will have to choose between two options: either they leave by way of the sea, or they wade in a sea of blood," Zaki said.

"We will not be afraid of the settlers. They should think about leaving. We gave peace every chance. The time has come to prepare for all the options that are open," he added.

Zaki, who is a member of the Fatah faction headed by Palestinian Authority (PA) chairman Mahmoud Abbas, has lashed out at Israel on several occasions.

In a speech in December of 2021, Zaki described Israel as a “ghoulish beast”.

He similarly lashed out at Israel in a televised appearance three months earlier, saying that Israelis are "sons of bitches," that they practice apartheid, that they are murderers, and "messengers of instability," while the Palestinians are "messengers of peace."

Fatah is constantly touted by the West as a “peace partner” for Israel, while its rival Hamas is denounced as a terrorist organization.

However, senior Fatah officials including chairman Abbas himself, regularly incite against Israel in official PA media outlets.

In addition, social media pages belonging to Fatah openly call for terrorism against Israelis.

Rabbi responds to uproar: The Torah forbids gay relations, what do you want from me?

 


Rabbi Meir Mazuz, head of the Kisei Rahamim Yeshiva, responded in his weekly lesson on Saturday night to the uproar following his remarks last week against the Gay Pride Parades and against Knesset Speaker Amir Ohana, the first openly gay Knesset Speaker in Israel’s history.

"The country is in an uproar. What? I said? No one else said the same thing? The Torah said 'it is an abomination', what do you want from my life?" said Rabbi Mazuz.

Last week, Rabbi Mazuz implicitly hinted that Ohana, who served as Public Security Minister at the time of the Meron disaster in 2021, was responsible for the disaster.

"And impudence above all, two years ago when there was the disaster in Meron, they say that the minister who was responsible (Ohana -ed.), is infected with this disease, so there is the question of why did this happen to us? It happened, we have stay away from it!"

Before that, he attacked the pride parade and called it "the parade of beasts".

"We need to stay away from the pride parade, they are boasting that they are doing the pride parade in Jerusalem. When there is such a parade we should shut the windows, and tell the children that ‘there is a parade of beasts here’, these are animals walking on two feet, this is impudence," said Rabbi Mazuz.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday criticized Rabbi Mazuz’s tirade against Ohana.

"I strongly condemn the statements against the LGBT community and the Speaker of the Knesset, Amir Ohana. Every person is created in the image of God. This is the principle that was brought to humanity thousands of years ago by our people and it is the principle that guides us today as well," Netanyahu said.

Ohana himself responded to the criticism that has been directed at him.

“It is better that I fail a hundred times in unrequited love of Israel than fail once in baseless hatred of Israel,” he tweeted.


Smotrich to Ex Judge Barak: "You have caused enough damage, don't add insult to injury"

 

Religious Zionist Party chairman and Finance Minister Bezalel Smotrich responded on Saturday night to former Supreme Court President Aharon Barak, who blasted the judicial reforms announced by Justice Minister Yariv Levin in a series of media interviews.

"The law and justice reform, which was at the center of the election campaign and won the trust of the people, will return Israeli democracy to its glory before the judicial revolution that Barak carried out in a violent unilateral coup without permission and without authority and without any consultation with the people or its elected officials, and it will be carried out with God's help," said Smotrich.

"The irresponsibility of retired judge Barak, who is threatening a civil war tonight, should cause sleepless nights for anyone who cares about democracy and the unity of the people. Judge Barak, you should apologize and retract your dangerous statements. You have caused enough damage to the State of Israel and we are fixing that now. Do not add insult to injury."

MK Moshe Saada (Likud) responded to Barak as well, saying, "In case you wondered why the reform of the judicial system is so necessary, you are invited to watch Aharon Barak's interviews from today. Such smugness, inability to accept criticism, arrogance and above all - also incitement. We are turning Israel from a self-replicating judicial oligarchy into a true democracy in which the people are the sovereign, and we will also increase trust in the judicial system."

Levin responded to the claims made by Barak on Saturday night, telling Kan 11 News, "He brought a tragedy upon Israel, and his ways contradict democracy. According to him, the judges trump the nation's elected officials who are supposed to reflect what the public wants. Where was Barak when the court took authority and trampled democracy? His suggestions for dialogue are just a way to waste time.”

"We all know how the courts look, the red tape. We all experienced the unbearable bureaucracy, which no government figure wants to take responsibility for and do something about because they receive a desist order and some other order from the court," added Levin.

Barak, in his interview with Kan 11 News, said, "Minister Levin collected all the bad proposals that were made over the years and connected them together into some kind of chain that is suffocating Israeli democracy.”

He added that "there is no greater evil than this as a constitutional revolution, the most parallel thing to this is a revolution of tanks."

Saturday, January 7, 2023

Ishay Ribo Surprises Little Girl with her very own concert (she is recovering from cancer)

The Cat that Sings "Zmirois"

 

New Israeli Government Will Stop Taking "crap" from the Palestinians

 

In some of its first acts since coming to power, Israel’s new Security Cabinet approved a series of punitive steps against the Palestinian leadership, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s office said Friday.

According to a statement from Netanyahu’s office, the move is in retaliation for Palestinians pushing the U.N.’s highest judicial body to give its opinion on the Israeli occupation.

The development underscores the hard-line approach to the Palestinians that Israel’s new ultranationalist government has promised at a time of rising violence in the occupied territories.

It comes a week after the United Nations General Assembly voted to approve a resolution requesting that the International Court of Justice intervene and render an opinion on the legality of Israeli policies in the occupied West Bank and east Jerusalem.

Israel’s Security Cabinet described the Palestinian Authority’s request to the U.N. as a “decision to wage political and legal war against the State of Israel.”

“The current government will not sit idly by in the face of this war and will respond as necessary,” it said.

Chilonim getting fed up with Chareidim carrying the Tax burden for them

 


The tone of the op-ed below may be problematic, but the underlying concern is real. The fact that Chareidim pay one-sixth the tax of other Israelis is, as you state, due to factors like Chareidim generally being lower income – but why is that the case? A large part of it is because Chareidim in general eschew secular and advanced education that could lead to more lucrative careers – a deliberate choice that causes other Israelis to make up for the “missing” tax receipts from Chareidim.

“Kabel es haEmes miMi Sheomro” – "accept the truth from whoever says it " is a Klal from Chazal. Just because you don’t like the messenger or the way the message is put does not mean that the message is false…


In yet another display of virulent anti-chareidi incitement, Israeli newspaper The Marker, which is affiliated with Haaretz, accused the entire chareidi community of treating Israel as an “all inclusive hotel vacation, in which room service and bell boys are secularists.”

The op-ed article queried how in infrastructure, finance and housing “a minority of the population, whose part in paying taxes and public duties is negligible, defines the economic path of Israel.”

The writer adds that 2022 “opened our eyes and everything became clear. It is the year that a civil war broke out – non- violent but unmistakable. It is here.”

Recently the Kalkalist newspaper published by Yediot Aharonot ran a similarly incendiary title,claiming that “secular people pay six times more taxes than chareidim”, a populist claim considering the fact that most chareidim are low-income large families in a low tax bracket while secularists have fewer children, live in more expensive environments and earn significantly more.

Chareidi journalist Yishai Cohen warned that the anti-chareidi media attacks could lead to verbal and physical abuse against chareidim. Such abuse indeed occurred on an Israeli train this week, as journalist Mordechai Halperin was greeted by a secularist stating: “Parasite, die, ask your G-d why you’re still alive, a guy like you should be under a tombstone, just get out of here.”