“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Rabbi Breitowitz's View on Going Up to the Har Habyis!

 

43 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well he doesn't say it's muttar. Yes, maybe halachicaly it's not an issue but we have the cherem. Also how does he know that the dome of the rock is the kodesh hakadashim?
That's majorly disputed.

Dusiznies said...

9:32
Do you understand English? He says that there is absolutely no issur for a tumei meis to go to the Har Habayis
The "majority"?" which majority?

Dusiznies said...

What Cherem??

Not Too Bright said...

Thank you DIN for bringing to attention that Dimowits is now in gantzen chutz lemachaneh, as if his Militant Feminist meshugassen weren’t enough!

Dusiznies said...

Dim as a doorknob 9:54
Typical Chardeie response when they have no halachic answer: they denigrate, mock and try to destroy Talmedei Chachamim,
See what the gemarra calls someone who gives nicknames to gedoilim!
Shame on You!

Famous Last Words? said...

Bitmiya? If there takka is a Cherem you’re looking like one heck of a laughing stock & LOSER right now

DIN keeps bringing the Featherweights said...

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/news/432421

Dusiznies said...

10:11
I have my Rav who permits going up to the Har Habayis, we have no sanhedrin; I don't have to listen to anyone else!

Rav Dov Kook says that aderaba its a mitzvah and I posted the video on this blog many times.
Rav Shmuel Eliyahu says it is muttar to go up Lacatchila!
That Ramabam went up and we have a letter from him directly stating that.
Rabbi Wein z"L said on his History tapes, that Jews would go up to the har habayis for HUNDREDS OF YEARS, and they even had a Shul there!

Dusiznies said...

10:37
Suddenly, you bring up an article about Rav Yitzchok Yosef because its suits your narrative; normally, you guys hate his guts!
Rav Dov Lior shlita is a Talmid Chachim in his own right and doesn't need to agree with Rav Yosef at all!
Why can't rabbanim disagree?
I'll tell you why?
It's all politics; they are running scared that Ben Gvir is taking thousands of votes away from them, so they are making it an issue!
All the Rabbis that Rav Yitzchok Yosef brings up in his argument against going up are all dead!
We have since found 100% proof where the Makon Hamikdash was and where Machnei Levia was. Rabbanim who are clueless and refuse to look at facts because of the rulings of dead rabbis are just doing it for political reasons and are afraid of the Arabs!

Anonymous said...

Nobody disputes Dome area as kodesh Kadashim, even Muslims. You made up a nonexistent majority . There's no cherem either, all madeup stuff.

Rivka L said...

Hi! I recently came across this blog and I am floored. My husband is in Kollel, and up to October 7 was all in the Yeshivish narrative.
We didn't dare talk to anyone about it because we didn't know that there were voices out there that were articulating and bringing to the surface the clear hypocrisy of the Yeshivish world.
This blog is a breath of fresh air and gave me back confidence that all this Yeshivash narrative will be put out into the open so that people like us would know that we are not alone.
The commentor 9:54 that goes by the moniker "Not too Bright" is a prime example of the Yeshivish world being frightened that they will be exposed for their falsehoods, so they demean Gedoilim who don't fit into their agenda and mock them to build up their own failed, hypocritical narrative.
Keep up the good work, we are praying for you to have a healthy long life!

Anonymous said...

Please see Shallos Utshuvois of the Radbaz, section 2, siman 791,
: ...it is clear that beneath the Dome (of the Rock) is undoubtedly the Foundation Stone, called by them Al-Sakhra…

… Nevertheless, there is no doubt that the stone beneath the Dome is the Foundation Stone, upon which the Ark rested in the Holy of Holies on the western side…

… Nevertheless, to avoid doubt, one should stay 40 cubits away from the line stretched from the northern wall of the Dome, in a width along the 187 cubits from west to east...

The great Radbaz told his generation exactly where to walk and where not to walk. This is exactly what Rav Lior is taking into consideration.
I believe that the Radbaz was bigger Torah Scholar Than Rav Yosef !

Anonymous said...

I find it hilarious that a Yeshivish/ Charedie guy would link to an article of Rav Yosef who hates their guts.

Al Saccharine yourself said...

Just the style of DIN, Slifkin & outliers to cherry pick a Rishon as if it’s contemporary halacha while ignoring a sea of authorities. There is a lot of “raid” on where the Even Shesiya is. A useful resource for this who brings all the shitos is a sefer from alter Pressburger Rav Yosef Lieberman ztl who would be approx age 100 today. He was Rosh yeshiva of Shomrei Hachoimos until he was recently niftar

Bad Samaritan said...

More likely DIN is siding with the Kusim who also hold they can go up in the absurd insistence those backstabbers cling to that the Har Habayis isn’t the Har Habayis. And the gedolim of different eras put those bums in cherem multiple times!

Dusiznies said...

Bringing A Rambam and a Radbaz, Rav Dov Kook, Rav Shmuel Eliyahu, Rav Breitowitz is now called "cherry picking"
There is a "raid on my shelf to spray on brainwashed guys like you.
Today in 2026, we all know where the Even is we don't need "raid"
You are bringing another DEAD rabbi!

Dusiznies said...

1:06
Are you talking about DEAD rabbis again?

Anonymous said...

Dearest,
D-umbest I-diot N-ebach case

Who the hell do you think you are? You’re a freakin am Haaretz low life! Even your getchka Rav Kook assured going up to the har habayis but hey din finds some random dudes with beards that say it’s ok and it fits with dins own nationalism so let’s just go with it.
You mentioned you have a rabbi?? LOL

Anonymous said...

So you say that contemporary halacha can go against a rishon? I don't disagree but is that your principle? Who is this Rabbi Lieberman? So maybe no Even shesia, no har habayis, no definite kevorim , no cheese danishes on Shvuos.

Dusiznies said...

5:07
wow! To denigrate me you shlep the Gaon and Tzaddik Harav Avrahm Yotzchok Kook zecher Tzaddik Ve'kodosh Livracha to this argument??
You take someone that you mamzeirim dragged through the mud??
Rav Kook's grandchild, Rav Dov Kook shlitah says that it is in fact a mitzvah to go up!
You are the ones who have "random dudes with beards' who are basically ignorant about anything to do with the Har Habyis as poiskim..

Dusiznies said...

5:14
What Rishon are you talking about? Did I miss something?
I brought you a Rishon ..... helowwwwww The RAMBAM!!
And the Meerie says that one can go up to the Har Habayis!
They are not good enough Rishonim for you?

Social Studies said...

The Kusim aren’t a dead relic, they still exist. They are alive in Russia because they denounce the Yidden the Nazis held off on killing them. And they are alive in the Old City where Yasser Arafat said to be mechabed them. And I think that a closet Kusi in RBS has come out of the closet by issuing this blog

Know your place said...

Mefatfetes Rivka L, stick to the kitchen

Anonymous said...

Oy DIN you’re so ignorant Rav Kook didn’t have any grandchildren named kook
Rav dov kook in his great nephew
But keep making stuff up you shoitah

DEAD rabbis society said...

Yes, just like the Radbaz & Rav Kook!

Your Allegiance to Goebbels said...

Notice how DIN even descends now into Nazi tropes against Jews that he’s chalishing to use insecticide spray on Charedim

Dusiznies said...

You are the one that brought up "raid"

Dusiznies said...

6:34
My "dead" rabbis were much holier than your dead rabbis, besides, I brought you Live Rabbis as well, but Rav Yosef's article that you linked has 100% exclusive dead rabbis!

Too Funny! said...

(If it wasn’t so tragic & dangerous) Listen to this DIN propaganda! Amerikanner Breitowitz is “holier” than 100s of Kadmonim & all the heintig gedolim who warn of issur KAREISS on Har Bayis!

Dusiznies said...

9:35
I don't know about the guys who you call "Kadmonim" but they are all dead, and Harav Breitowitz Shlitah is B"H, alive and well, and he has done the research as opposed to your unknown "Kadmonim" and knows exactly where the Issur Kareiss applies!
The truth is that you don't give a flying crap about another Jew that does Aveirois that have issur Kareiss, I'm guessing I know who you are and sure your own father had relations with your mother when she was a nidda and you don't seem to care about that at all!
It's because you are a troll and whatever I post, you make stupid ignorant comments!
As I wrote on another post, that I am giving you a warning Mr Ben Nidda, the next time you are disrespectful to me or the blog, I will delete you!

Josef Stalin said...

DIN is my kind of guy, silencing all the dissent!

Anonymous said...

Din blowing ur top much cool down didn’t know if someone not alive anymore they’re pskaim are worthless
Din do you learn Gemara shulchan aruch Mishna berurah ? I have a secret for you they’re not alive today

Dusiznies said...

Jo Satmarstalinst 12:18
Here you lie again! Are all Charedim liars or only you? I am asking seriously!
I have no issue with dissent as long as you are respectful to me, my blog and my readers; your name-calling, save for your mother1

Dusiznies said...

6:03
i beleve I am pretty well learned, I have smicha, while being farhered by great Talmidei Chachamim and I give Shiurim in Halacha as well!
We have Dirshu for the Shulchan Aruch precisely because they were written not in our era; they had no electricity, no cars, no internet and since they are all long dead, we add current psaks!
B"H that we have Harav Hagoel Breiowitz shlita who is not afraid of pressure from the dumbed down yeshivisha world, and like Rav Moshe z"l he does not back down like a cat in front of a dog!

Anonymous said...

I have heard Rabbi Breitowitz say many times that he personally does not go up to the Har HaBayis, nor does he advocate that others do so. Not because he believes there is a definitive issur to enter every part of the Har HaBayis. Rather, as he has explained, many—though certainly not all—Gedolim have been concerned with the practical halachic uncertainty involved.
As I recall his explanation, there are multiple shitos regarding the exact boundaries of the areas where one may and may not enter. And even if one paskens in accordance with a particular shita, and even if one maps out the areas that would be permitted according to all of the relevant shitos, there is still a very real concern that a person could inadvertently—or intentionally—cross into an area where entering would be prohibited. In other words, why voluntarily walk into what could be considered a halachic minefield?
That position does not mean that we should disparage people who do go up, but by the same token, we should not disparage those who choose not to.
I also think there are a few important points about this particular clip:
1. The clip appears to have been cut in numerous places, which makes it very difficult to know the full context of what Rabbi Breitowitz was saying.
2. Nowhere in the clip, as I understand it, does he say that one can or should go up. He says that there are certainly areas of the Har HaBayis that are muttar to enter. But that statement by itself does not negate the position of the Gedolim who have advised against going up. Those Gedolim can fully acknowledge that there are permitted areas and nevertheless conclude that, given the uncertainty over the boundaries and the possibility of inadvertently entering a prohibited area, it is better not to enter at all.
3. I know, DIN, that you frequently bring the Rambam as a source that he went up to the Har HaBayis and davened there. I actually heard Rabbi Breitowitz address this point in a shiur, and he explained that it is not entirely clear that this is what the Rambam meant. There are those who have a different girsa in the Rambam's letter, which would indicate that he was referring to the Kosel rather than going onto the Har HaBayis itself. I don't know which girsa is ultimately correct, but that uncertainty itself illustrates something I really appreciate about Rabbi Breitowitz.
One of the things I love about Rabbi Breitowitz is that he rarely presents these issues as though they are completely black. He goes through the various shitos—from across the entire Orthodox spectrum—and explains what each side has to rely on and how they understand the relevant sources.
I personally identify as Chareidi, and since I started listening to Rabbi Breitowitz a few years ago, my understanding of positions and communities that I don't necessarily agree with has increased tremendously. I hope my ahavas Yisroel has not increased because of that understanding—I would hope I always had that—but certainly my appreciation for why other sincere talmidei chachamim and communities reach different conclusions has grown significantly.

Dusiznies said...

9:59
Read my post and see the letter, and I would want to hear what you take out of that letter,
https://dusiznies.blogspot.com/2022/07/rabbi-yair-hoffmans-disingenious.html

The Kosel is not part of the Har Habayis and never was, so there is no way that the Rambam meant the Kotel!
I will post the entire interview soon, and you will see that this is not at all out of context

Yo quiero chiyuv Karess? said...

I’m not surprised that DIN constantly touts an unclear Rambam

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taco_Bell_chihuahua

I’m sure he would also quote Gidget being mattir going up on the Har if he thought it would get any traction

Anonymous said...

None of your rabbis hold a candle to Rav Elyashiv and Rav Shlomo Zalman. None of them permitted going on the Har Habayis. I'll stick with my Gedolim!

Dusiznies said...

1:26
With all due respect to Rav Elyashiv and Rav Shlomo Zalman. they are both in the Oilom HaEmes and now know the truth!

Anonymous said...

What other girsa? Please show it. Rambam called it habayit hagado hakadosh just as in birchat hamazon. Rambam was there during the closing years of crusaders and they didn't allow other big shuls whatever they were. So what was this habayit hagadol if not the har habayit?

With due respect indeed said...

We could say the same thing, except more accurate, that Rav Kook realized he erred when he ascended

Dusiznies said...

4:51
True, but Rav Kook z"l never ascended!
Learn your history before you shoot your mouth off!

With due respect indeed said...

I meant ascended to the next velt