About 200 chickens were discovered Friday in crates inside a U-Haul on Winthrop Avenue, with activists saying only about 80 were alive.
More chickens were later found in another abandoned U-Haul on St. John’s Place. Animal-rights activists condemned the conditions, while police are investigating the discovery.
15 comments:
Next year use money. GD will understand.
Why not? They're done with them so who cares what happens to them next, right?
This has been going on for years. This and the shaimos people. I have been using money for years; I do not want to take part in any of these scams. It's disgraceful and a tremendous chillul Hashem. BTW, where are the so-called gedolim? Why do they never say anything about these things? If they could find a way to blame the women for this, they would.
I hope you’re joking
Or maybe these were NOT used. (Still wrong to neglect them).
To Sabra 4:11pm
Gedolim do speak out against this practises, but very few listen.
Personnaly I've been using coins or banknotes for decades.
Both locations are around Crown Heights, NOT WILLIAMSBURGH. Satmar doesn't do the "To Go" stuff, Chabad does. Draw your own conclusions.
Your headline, "Hundreds of chickens believed to have been used for Kaporos, were found abandoned in Williamsburg" is false! The locations were Winthrop Avenue & St. John's place, those are not Williamsburg, rather far from it. Rather they are in East Flatbush, Crown Heights areas, or nearby..
I know you haven't been in Brooklyn for a while, but that does not give license to misinform, and by implication libel a community.
Please correct ASAP.
They were found in or near Chabad Lubavitch areas, not Williamsburg Satmar type areas.
4:11
I have information that these chickens were for Williamsburg 100% and of course the crooks abandoned the chickens a couple of blocks from the Yishuv!
Winthrop Avenue & St. John's Place is within walking distance to the heart of Williamsburg
The area is close to both places. Vehicles could easily drive there from either place and be abandoned. I and everyone I know use money which is the preferred method of Shulchan Aruch
I myself do a combination. I use bank notes but also hold a stuffed chiken I ordered from Amazon and wave it around.
Winthrop is East Flatbush, an area where Lubavitchers live, have been moving in recent years for cheaper housing. Not Satmar, far from Williamsburg.
S. John's is closer to Williamsburg, but still much closer to Crown Heights, is part of greater Crown Heights.
DIN is revealing his great ignorance of Brooklyn here. He may have been there as a little kid, but now he is way off the mark.
P.S. If DIN is right, how come no one else, no local station is identifying it with Williamsburg? DIN in RBS knows the town better than local NY'ers who live here now?
For shame.
DIN, you don't believe me, look at Google maps!!!
Admit and correct your error.
If they were used for kapporos then they must be dead with their throat cut. I seriously doubt they were abandoned because it's a rental truck. It would cost too much money to abandon, plus the cost of live chickens, a whole truck full. I don't see why someone would abandon it unless some crazy peta people were after them and he was hiding. I think kapporos should only be done in rural areas because of the way the chickens are treated, bringing them to the city, and the incredible demand. If you look at the chicken beforehand, you'll see it wouldn't be kosher to eat so why would you want to cause it more pain? I have no problem with the act itself. It's the way the chickens are treated being brought to the city.
8:00
These were Satmar Chickens not Chabad,
The dead ones were from KJ Uganda, and the barely live ones were from the Zalonies, the healthy ones were Zionists
Post a Comment