“The court ordered Rabbi Amnon Yitzchak to compensate a woman with 22,000 shekels after he humiliated her by publicly reading intimate letters.
Rabbi Yitzchak claimed in his defense that the entire argument began over the question of whether the world is flat or round.”
But "how it began" is not why he was fined, he was fined because he publicly shamed a married women to thousands of people!
9 comments:
I do not have any idea what the story is, but the better translation of מכתבים אישיים is "personal letters," not "intimate letters."
What "chiddush" did you just add?
Didn't Rabeinu Gerhsom Me'or HaGolah decree that reading someone else's letters is assur?
What a dumb comment by DIN who can't understand the difference between "personal" and "intimate"! Well on the other hand, DIN's English comprehension was never A+ !
3:58
I may be "dumb," at least I am not a Rasha that discloses "personal;" or "intimate" details from a lady not his wife!
Maybe he’s not ashkenazi
I would have thought that by now the psak would've spread to the entire Jewish world.
The issue with private letters is opening a sealed one. For unsealed there is still the issur of giluy soid which some Rishonim hold is dOireisseh
10:05
He not only read it, he read it to thousands of people!
Post a Comment