Monday, May 18, 2015

*Why I Cried Twice *


Good Morning!

Today is Friday the 26th of Iyar 5755 and May 15, 2015*


The main purpose of my trip to the Holy Land at this time was to erect the monument- Hakamos Matzeiva- for my beloved mother Lorraine Eisenman A"H.

Obviously seeing my children and grandchildren is an added bonus and a wonderful privilege; however, if not for attending the Hokomos Matzeiva of my mother's monument I would not have made the trip at this point.

As I am still in the year long mourning period for my mother and want to attempt to lead the davening whenever I can, I stay close to
Yerushalayim- to home base- where I know a Minyan is accessible.

Often, when observant Jews visit Eretz Yisroel they make a point of going to Mekomos HaKedoshim- kevarim (graves) of Tzadikim in the north to daven,

I wondered if perhaps I should go too, after all, who wants to lose an opportunity to daven by Tzadikim?

I then recalled that I once read in a biography of Rav Shlomo Zalman Auerbach Zt"l (Oro Shel Olam page 380) that a student asked Rav Shlomo Zalman, “Isn't there a time I could go to visit the graves of tzadikim? Doesn't Rav Auerbach go and pray by the graves of tzadikim?”

Rav Auerbach answered, “In order to pray at the graves of tzadikim, one doesn't have to travel up to the Galilee. Whenever I feel the need to pray at the graves of tzadikim, I go to Mount Herzl, [the national cemetery for fallen Israeli soldiers in Jerusalem], to the graves of the soldiers…who fell “Al Kiddush Hashem” for the sanctification of G-d."

Therefore, yesterday, I followed in the footsteps of the great Rav
Shlomo Zalman and together with my four sons who are here, I made a pilgrimage to the graves of Tzadikim.

I went to Mount Herzl to daven and pay respects to those who gave
their lives so I could travel freely in the land of Israel.

I went to the grave of Max Steinberg, a former Birthright attendee who was killed last summer, and I went to the grave of Dave Gordon, the brother of our beloved Aryeh and Nomi Ho and a young man who I had the pleasure of knowing.

I went to dozens of graves of soldiers who I never knew and would
never know them and I cried.

I cried for the young souls who died sanctifying the name of Hashem and I cried for the spouses they never had and for the children they were never privileged to bring into this world.

And I cried for others as well.

I cried for those who are lacking the sensitivity of Rav Shlomo Zalman Zt"l.

I cried for those who fail to emulate and take direction from this
giant of Torah and Middos and forget to include Mount Herzl's Military Cemetery in their itinerary of Mekomos HeKedoshim when they come to Eretz Yisroel.

I cried for those Jews who don't even realize that they should be
crying.

I cried for those who are not in the world and made the ultimate
sacrifice for our people and I cried for those who are in this world
and don't even realize that they too must cry.

May Hashem wipe the tears of all of His people.

Wishing you a meaningful Shabbos from the Holiest City in the world.

"If Not Now, Then When?"- Hillel

Ron Yitzchok Eisenman, Rabbi, Congregation Ahavas Israel, Passaic, NJ 

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a waste of tears R' Yitzchok, Nebech Nebech to shed tears and cry for those who DESECRATED NOT SANCTIFIED the name of Hashem BOITZEA BERECH NIETZ HASHEM

Anonymous said...

Even if you feel differently than the writer, why cant he cry for something that means something to him.
We have become so judgemental and do not respect other peoples views and opinions.
You cry for what you feel for should be cried for and the writter will cry for his feeling.
Respect others views. You do not have to agree with them. But you do have to respect.

Anonymous said...

commenter number 1 - if this is a waste of tears, YOU are a WASTE of sperm.

Anonymous said...

I'm not judgmental at all, "I was crying for those Jews who don't even realize that they should be crying" IS THAT CONSIDERED RESPECT FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S VIEWS AND OPINIONS?

Yosh55 said...

The rav shlomo zalman story is denied by his children... There is no source...

Dusiznies said...

2:58
They would probably deny the holocaust too! No source for that either!

Dusiznies said...

2:58
I'll tell what else the children would deny, that Harav Avraham Yitzchok Kook z"l was his Mesader Kiddushin...
you won't find that fact in any of the bio's of Reb Shlomo Zalman z"l

Yosh55 said...

If you mention rav kook, there is a famous story printed in all their books, that the חפץ חיים walked out of the aguda convention in 1923 as protest of the insults again rav kook. Someone investigated the old news papers and found this was a big lie. The story is found in R MZ nuria and simcha raz etc.

Dusiznies said...

Yosh55
"someone investigated? "and found this was a big lie"?

Who investigated?
What "old newspapers"?

I believe Simcha Raz... not only do I believe him but so do the grandchildren of the Chofetz Chayim ...the Zaks'

You continue to believe the re-written history by Artscroll etc..
and I'll believe the Emes...

BTW not only was Rav Kook z"l the Masder Kiddushin of Rav Auerbach but Rav kook z"l was also the Mesader Kiddushin by Rav Eliyahev!

Anonymous said...

I would have them both redo their kidushin

Yosh55 said...

The investigation was published by rav yoel elhanan and is available on his sight yoel-ab.com. Kuntres marhe cohen. It has pictures of origanal documents. It brings the original biography by yy yoshar.
Please tell me your source from the saks family.
The fairy tale was dirst published by rav nuria in 1979 with no sources.

Yosh55 said...

Would you believe rav tiechtal (eim ha banim) holds the 3 oaths חלכה למעשה?

Dusiznies said...

Yosh55
Turns out that Yoel-ab is a known liar and everyone knows that he has photoshopped documents in the past....
Rav Teictal "holds the 3 oaths Halacha L'Maaseh?
You liar! Rav Teictal actually says that the 3 oaths are only an Aggadeteh in the Gemarrah and is no longer in effect,.... , since the goyim violated the oath by murdering 6 million Jews...
I will start translating his sefer in the coming weeks...
I will believe Rav Simcha RAz and I will also believe the Chofetz Chayim's own grandchildren who validated Rav Raz's story...
Satmar has hijacked our religion and my Tafkid is to slowly bring it back one person at a time.

Yosh55 said...

Rav yoel is a צדיק... See the you tube
Of a long drasha this indepenence day... If yuu have a forgery, tell me.
2) see eim ha-banim 2:21 where he says it's halacha and not agada (page 176)

Dusiznies said...

Yosh55 8:21
Rav Yoel was a Tzaddik, but he was obviously very wrong...
he was wrong when he advised thousands of Chassidim not to make Aliyah pre WW2, while he saved himself on a Zionist train...
he was wrong about the 6 day war and his information was flawed ... see my sidebars on this blog on Satmar
I have the Sefer Aim Habanim in my hands and you are a liar !
Rav Teichtal would not write something that was contrary to his own sefer...
The 3 oaths cannot be a haaaaaaalacha according to everyone...it's not brought down as a halacha in the entire Shulchan Aruch!
Nechemyeh and Ezrah Ha'Sofer violated the 3 oaths because they encouraged the Babylonians to make Aliyah? Why didn;t Ezrah and Nechemyeh heed the 3 oaths ....this proves that the 3 oaths were not a halacha just an aggadeteh!

Yosh55 said...

1) i meant rav yoel elhanan is a צדיק and woudn't מגלה פנים בתורה and sacrifice his olam ha-bah
2)yes, the satmar rebbe told people not to come to israel before the war. I knew rav shmuel kinugsburg זצל , who in 1935 heard a radio broadcast of hitler ימ׳ש. He went to the satmar rebbi to ask permission to come to palistine. The rebbe said no. He came anyways and was saved and his einichlach are among my freinds today,
3) you didn't look at the quote from eim habanim si i will send it to you, ב נ...

Dusiznies said...

Yosh55 9:36
1) What the hell are u talking about? He was wrong and we now see the facts that the State of Israel exists and over 6 million Jews living there and we see that we now have the most Torah learning in the State since Mattan Torah
2)The Satmar Rebbe was obviously wrong about Aliyah, was wrong about Israel... and was wrong when he said that nobody ever went to the moon..
3) look at how the Satmar propaganda works: first they discard and deride Rav Teictal and call him a "meshiginar" and then they "quote" him when they need him....
Satmar SHIT'ah is irrelevant and now they see thousands of their children going off the derech, because of the hate that the Satmar Rebbe the Tzaddik instilled in his students...
the chickens have now come home to roost!

Yosh55 said...

Wow... You promoted me from a lier to עם הארץ...
2) asking goyisha rulers and buying land is not forbidden by the 3 oaths... Was is forbidden as the eim ha banim writes
3) see parsha pearls - bamidbar where he discusses this eim ha banim
4) hear rav moshe elefant ( ou daf yomi) on kasuvos 111

Yosh55 said...

Thousands of satmar off the derech... An other fairy tale... I lived many years among them in jerusalem and heard of only one who soon came back...

Yosh55 said...

He said they never went to the moon??? Tell me where he said this

Dusiznies said...

2:25
I'm now promoting you to a bono-fide meshiginer!
the whole sefer "eim Habonim Semicha' (which i'm going to translate starting next week) is about ' Hashem punishing the Jewish people why they didn't make Aliyah" and the whole sefer is about chastising the Gedoiliom in the previous generation for not supporting Aliyah, and you are telling me that he said that the 3 oaths were halacha? how crazy is that?

Yosh55 said...

3 oaths not halacha... Daas torah( eidensohn) published a list of 130 poskim that hold it is ... Lashon harah is also not in the שלחן א עורך...

Yosh55 said...

R yoel elhanan never photo cropped a document... Prove your lie

Yosh55 said...

Eim habanim is already in english...

Dusiznies said...

2:38
#1 The Rebbe said that during the moon landing that it was all a lie... and it was recorded on one of his Shalosh Seudah Toirelich tapes...two years ago Rabbi Hertz Frenkel wrote a series in Ami Magazine on Satmar titled "The Principle" and he write that was the only mistake that he knows ..
#2 The fact that the "Pervert Lover" Eidensohn quotes "130 poskim" that hold that the 3 oaths is a halacha, still doesn't make it a Halacha ...
besides the goyim already violated that oath..and it is no longer valid. Nechemyeh and Ezrah disregarded the 3 oaths and urged the Babylonians to make Aliyah.. and actually cursed those that didn't..
also the fact that there is now a State in Israel with over 6 million Jews living there is proof positive that the 3 oaths are not valid..
Just look at my side bar on the 3 oaths!