“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Monday, August 31, 2026

Hundreds of Charedim fed up with their Teirah Leadership Enlist in IDF Combat Roles

Hundreds of Ultra-Orthodox recruits are joining IDF combat tracks, including the Hasmonean Brigade, Netzach Yehuda Battalion and the Hatz Ultra-Orthodox Paratroopers company, alongside additional security-service tracks.

The IDF says the programs are designed to allow meaningful combat service while maintaining an Ultra-Orthodox lifestyle.

A small group of anti-draft protesters gathered outside the recruitment office as the enlistment took place.

9 comments:

Garnel Ironheart said...

I sometimes wonder about the underlying cultural issues.
Since before the State, the Hagana and then the IDF were the pride of the kibbutz movements. When the DL community started getting involved there was ressentment. They didn't want to share the army with "the religious", certainly not in the upper ranks.
Now how if Chareidim join and excel in their jobs, how will the kibbutzniks handle that?

Anonymous said...

You think Charedim can excel in something? Whoa, have you done Teshuva or something?

Talmid said...

Those recruits look like real Charedim! The cream of the crop of Ponovezh! We're about to see a revolution pawned by Motti Leitner & Co, and it's already begun! Oops..

Dusiznies said...

No! They are not Ponovitz,,Ponovitz have their own army beating the living crap out of each other!

Anonymous said...

The charedi population is massive. There were always those that enrolled... nothing new. There are also many charedim that aren't as religious as they portray (DIN always makes out like ALL charedim are black sheep, so yeah. please...). Not sure what is so incredible about the report...

Anonymous said...

They look like garnel type chareidim

Anonymous said...

"small group of anti-draft protesters gathered outside the recruitment office as the enlistment took place. " The group actually looks much bigger than the "hundreds" of ultra orthodox enlisting in the army

Dusiznies said...

I agree we are on the same page:
"many charedim aren't as religious as they portray"
"There were always those who enrolled..."

Dusiznies said...

3:09
The "Black Sheep " are those who refuse to enlist!