“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Monday, August 24, 2026

A letter to Mispacha Magazine in reference to their Lying 10 Page Yenuka Spread!

This is what a reader sent to mishpacha magazine:


Dear Editors,

I am an ordained rabbi. I do not have time to read magazines, but Mishpacha enters my home every week; my wife and children read it. I am writing about the "Communicated" feature on "the Yanuka," Rav Shlomo Yehuda Be'eri, in this week's issue.

I understand that a Communicated piece is paid content. But it runs under the Mishpacha masthead, in a magazine that families trust and children read. That trust obligates a factual floor even for paid features. This piece does not meet it, and in at least one respect it appears to be demonstrably false.

The name. The article has the subject stating that he was named Shlomo after his grandfather, and that his grandmother called him by it throughout his childhood.

 Documentary records say otherwise. His sixth-grade graduation board from the Bialik state elementary school in Holon, from the year 2000, lists him by name and photograph as Shai Tzubary; I attach it. 


His own mother and sister referred to him as "Shai" in public social media comments as recently as December 2019. A Channel 12 investigation published in 2025 likewise reported that he was born Shai Tzubary in Holon. If the central figure of the piece misstates his own name, the reader is entitled to ask what else in the piece is misstated
i
The biography. 
The article describes a childhood in Holon, attending school there while his father lived alone near Barcelona. Yet for years, the official biography circulated by his own organization told a different story: the entire family emigrating to Spain when he was three, a childhood in the Jewish quarter of Girona, and a return to Israel at age twelve. Both versions come from the same camp. They cannot both be true, and the attached school record contradicts the earlier one. A biography that is revised as inconvenient facts surface is not a mesorah. It is marketing.

The mofsim. The piece presents overnight disappearing growths, foreknowledge of October 7, and an apparition healing a broken foot, all anonymous, undated, and unverifiable, printed in a family magazine whose readers include impressionable children and teenagers. Klal Yisroel has paid dearly, from Shabbetai Tzvi onward, for movements built on unverified wonders around a charismatic figure. The gedolim who demanded verification in those episodes were vindicated by history, and they were not popular when they demanded it.

I therefore respectfully request:

1. That Mishpacha review how this piece was accepted for publication and verify the name and biographical claims against the documentary record.

2. That, if the claims cannot be verified, Mishpacha publish a clarification in a coming issue.

3. That Communicated content be labeled in plain language as paid advertising not verified by the editorial staff, prominently enough that a young reader understands the difference.

4. That Mishpacha adopt a standard for miracle claims in paid content. A magazine that would not print an unverified allegation against a Jew should not print an unverified wonder on behalf of one.

I write this out of concern for emunas chachamim, not against it. When wonder stories collapse, and unverifiable ones eventually do, it is the emunah of the young readers who believed them that pays the price.

I would appreciate a substantive reply.

B'kavod,
Rav …

Watch how he owns penthouses in Yerushlayim, Bat Yam etc!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Shlomo - Shai issue is a non-issue. If he says his grandmother called him Shlomo, showing that his mother and school called him Shai proves nothing. Shai is Shlomo Yehuda abbreviated. His bubby may have used Shlomo even if others used Shai

Anonymous said...

Hahaha who wrote this letter, you Mr. DIN?
Please note: I never met the Yenuka and I don't get excited over Sephardi Heewie-Jeebies, but since you bash him all the time, I was just wondering...

Anonymous said...

Is it at all possible that Shai is short for Shlomo Yehuda?? I know a few people who shorten both names that way....

Dusiznies said...

11:08
The problem is that his name is NOT Yehuda, and never was!

Dusiznies said...

7:36
Everything is possible but his name is not Yehuda!

ShayShay said...

Where you at his bris when his Jewish name was bestowed? His teudat zehut name is merely his official secular name

Dusiznies said...

10:14
I wasn't at his bris and I believe there were very few people there, his parents were mechallei Shabbos!
I have a Teudat Zehut and it has my Hebrew name given at my Bris!
His name was never Yehuda!
Why doesn't he just say that he added it later? because he is a liar!

Huh? said...

"Klal Yisroel has paid dearly, from Shabbetai Tzvi onward, for movements built on unverified wonders around a charismatic figure"

Who is the writer? Are they against the Rebbuh MH"M from Crown Heights too???

Anonymous said...

Shlomo came from Shevet Yehuda so its all good.
Whats your problem? If he brings one jew closer to Hashem he's worth it.
I didn't hear of anyone going off the derech because of him.
Who are you trying to protect?
Which rich guys money are you trying to save?

Anonymous said...

Maybe it was added on later. What's wrong with that. It happens

Dusiznies said...

11:56
Not "maybe" it was sure added on later, so why is he lying, according to the article in Mishpacha? Why doesn't he say "it was added on?"
The reason he is not saying it and would rather lie is that he is making all kinds of Kabbalistic connections to his name, but if he wasn't given that name at birth, his entire Kabbalistic connection collapses under its own weight!