Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, July 16, 2024

Widow of Hero Firefighter Who Was Killed at Trump Rally Declined Call From Biden

 



“Get down!”

These were the last words of volunteer firefighter and father-of-two Corey Comperatore as he protected his family from a sniper who targeted former President Donald Trump, his grieving widow told The Post.

“He’s my hero,” Helen Comperatore said from her home in Sarver, Pennsylvania, on Monday. in an exclusive interview by the NY Post, “He just said, ‘get down!’ That was the last thing he said.”

Helen mentioned that President Joe Biden attempted to call to offer condolences after the incident, but she declined the call.

“I didn’t talk to Biden. I didn’t want to talk to him,” Helen Comperatore stated. “My husband was a devout Republican, and he would not have wanted me to talk to him.”

Corey Comperatore, 50, a former chief of the Buffalo Township Volunteer Fire Company, was with his family at Trump’s rally in nearby Butler on Saturday when sniper Thomas Matthew Crooks opened fire. The sniper grazed the former president, wounded two others, and killed Comperatore.

Helen Comperatore shared that the childhood sweethearts were about to celebrate their 29th wedding anniversary when the family decided to attend the rally to support their candidate.

“Me and the kids were all there as a family,” she said. “He was just excited. It was going to be a nice day with the family.”

“It was a bad day,” she added.

“He was a very loving husband,” she said.

Helen expressed her gratitude for the overwhelming support she has received since the tragedy. A GoFundMe campaign set up by her family has raised $990,000.

“I don’t have any ill-will towards Joe Biden,” she said. “I’m not one of those people that gets involved in politics. I support Trump; that’s who I’m voting for, but I don’t have ill-will towards Biden.

“He didn’t do anything to my husband. A 20-year-old despicable kid did.”

No comments: