Sunday, October 23, 2022

Rabbi Shmuel Knopfler's Fourth Yurzeit ...... Was DIN Torah Contributer

 



Today I paid my respects to a hero, who fought selflessly for his brothers and sisters that lived behind the Iron Country in the Soviet union. 

R' Shmuel z"l is buried in Beit Shemesh in the Chelek of MTJ (Mesivta Tiferes Yerushalayim). 
I knew R' Shmuel in my late teenage years but only as an acquaintance, I was drawn to him because I admire talent, and R' Shmuel was a talented artist. Years later I met him because R' Shmuel z'l was a close friend of the late R' Meir Kahana and I was an early member of the JDL. In fact Shmuel designed the "Kach"logo and that logo is on R' Shmuel's tombstone. 

On or about 2011, R' Shmuel reached out to me (not knowing that I was the author of DIN) via my DIN email account and asked for my phone number because he wanted to discuss an article I posted. Recognizing his name I revealed who I was, and we then called each other practically every other week, discussing current events in the State of Israel, he was a fervent unapologetically Zionist and had a deep love of the Jewish people. 

Eventually he wrote a weekly dvar torah for this blog. 

There is a larger writeup on this tzaddik when he was niftar in 2018.
I miss him like crazy!

1 comment:

shmuel said...

JDL>...where are they now, when we need them most..

i miss the chaya squad..

Vevi..chaim..sammy...alex..etc.