Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Chuckie Schumer Running Scared as AOC Won’t Rule out Primary Challenge Against Him

 Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is not ruling out a primary challenge against Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, she revealed Monday.

Speaking to Punchbowl News in an interview to mark the launch of its flagship newsletter, Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) explained that she had not made a decision on whether she would challenge Schumer (D-NY), who will be up for re-election in 2022.

“I’m a no b——t kind of person. I’m not playing coy or anything like that,” she told the outlet. 

“I’m still very much in a place where I’m trying to decide what is the most effective thing I can do to help our Congress, our [political] process, and our country actually address the issues of climate change, health care, wage inequality, etc.,” the progressive pol continued.

Asked by the outlet whether the Senate minority leader was doing a good job, Ocasio-Cortez declined to give a yes or no answer.

“It’s a hard thing to say too. We’ve had to deal with a fascist president and Mitch McConnell,” she remarked.

Rumors have swirled for well over a year that the 31-year-old congresswoman would mount a primary challenge against the top-ranking Senate Democrat, but her comments to Punchbowl are some of her most candid yet on the matter.

In an interview with Vanity Fair as their December cover star, AOC acknowledged that she did not know what her political future would hold.

“I don’t know if I’m really going to be staying in the House forever, or if I do stay in the House, what that would look like. I don’t see myself really staying where I’m at for the rest of my life. I don’t want to aspire to a quote-unquote higher position just for the sake of that title or just for the sake of having a different or higher position.”

President Trump has also weighed in on the potential intra-party fight, tweeting and remarking during media appearances throughout the last year that he believed Ocasio-Cortez would be able to oust Schumer.

For his part, Schumer has expressed confidence in his standing in the state and his ability to keep his seat.

Asked about a possible challenge from Ocasio-Cortez by CNN back in April, he said, “Look, throughout my career, I have done my job. I’m totally focused on COVID, we are the epicenter. And I have found, throughout my career, you do your job well, everything else works out okay.”

KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH,, IT MEANS THE WORLD TO US IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMESֱ

No comments: