Saturday, February 29, 2020

Chaya Weller 22 Satmar Girl Commits Sucide After Her Parents Had Her Drugged Up To Keep Her Frum


A former member of the extremist Satmar Hasidic sect who publicly exposed the traumatic experience of being drugged by her parents to prevent her from leaving the group and questioning her religious beliefs, took her life at the age of 22.

 Satmar askanim buried her alone with no friends... telling her friends that the funeral would be another day!
Only three months earlier, Chaya Weller (Haya Valer) had alleged that she was given anti-psychotic drugs not prescribed by a medical professional or psychiatrist, and was interviewed on television about her experiences.
Weller recounted in the interview the trauma she felt at the hands of her family, which she says originated when she questioned her religious beliefs in a conversation with her mother, and some time later escaping from her home.

Kindly Support Our Blog by Browsing the Ads



When she returned, she was taken to an ultra-Orthodox "businessman," who proceeded to give her anti-psychotic sedatives, which she thought were supposed to improve her mood.
Weller said that "I didn't understand what was going on with the side effects. I didn't understand why I was depressed, crying all the time, couldn't move out of bed, sleeping all the time. I didn't even realize it had to do with the pills. Only when my mother realized [what was happening], she brought me back to the ultra-Orthodox 'businessman' – and he admitted he gave me the pills so I wouldn't run away from home."
Following the revelation, she left her home again and later returned – and her parents immediately arranged a marriage for her. This convinced Weller to leave, saying it gave her the "courage to break up with the family and leave religion forever."
"Today I live in an apartment with roommates," she said in the interview.

"I'm going through an uneasy emotional process. I am dealing with all the traumas I went through as a child. I maintain contact with my family, but it is mostly technical. My relationship with them is not good, but there isn't a total disconnect."
But this week, the young woman put an end to her life in the apartment where she lived, in the Talpiot neighborhood of Jerusalem. She was buried without her friends and supporters by her side, after they were told that the funeral was going to be held on another day.
Similarly, last December, an investigation was conducted which found that other ultra-Orthodox "businessman" have been distributing psychiatric pills designed to suppress sexual desire.

3 comments:

Mendel said...

It’s no different to actual murder, the so called religious people have literally killed so many of their own, and this is only the beginning unless they are stopped

Anonymous said...

Link for the interview?

Dusiznies said...

7:51
She was interviewed on Channel 12 ....
Haya Valler