“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Tuesday, July 7, 2020

NO OVERNIGHT CAMPS IN NY THIS SUMMER

The ruling has just been handed down by the judge: 
There will be no overnight summer camps in NY this summer.
The attorney representing the camps, Mr Avi Schick gave the following statement:
“We are all incredibly disappointed that the District Court declined to enjoin Governor Cuomo’s prohibition of sleepaway camp.  We continue to believe that the overnight camp environment is better for our children both physically and spiritually. The camp directors worked hard to create plans that would ensure the safety of all campers.
The Court itself acknowledged “after carefully considering the matter, the Court finds that Plaintiffs have sufficiently demonstrated irreparable harm . . . Contrary to Defendant’s argument, Defendant’s executive orders have directly limited Plaintiffs Free Exercise rights under the First Amendment by barring overnight camps for the summer of 2020.” The Court also recognized that “Jewish overnight camps would have rigorous training on health and safety protocols developed from physicians and health policy professionals.”
That should have been more than enough to prevail.  And in normal times it would have been enough.  These are not normal times.  The Court expressed a concern that if it ruled in our favor that ruling would “apply to all overnight camps throughout the state, which may not have the appropriate resources. Overnight camps are also generally a significant distance away from hospitals and located in remote areas with limited healthcare access . . . In total, Sullivan County has approximately 169 licensed [hospital] bed and thirteen intensive-care-unit beds.”
To the thousands of parents and tens of thousands of children who are impacted by today’s decision, we can only say that we will continue to do what we can to advocate for your rights.”
KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES! 

Monday, July 6, 2020

Not Only Jews Are Leaving the US .. Blacks Also want to Leave

Muhammadu Buhari, Nigeria's president
I'm not making any comments on this article...... "ve'hameivin Yavin"
Kimberly Reese has never visited Ghana, but she is already designing her dream home there. The Ohio mother of five says she doesn’t feel safe in the United States.
“Some of us are tired,” said Reese. “Some of us just want to be in an environment where we don’t have to look over our shoulders. Where we don’t have to worry about our sons getting pulled over.”
She’d rather focus on floor plans some 6,000 miles away.
As the United States again confronts its history of racism, as outrage again erupts over police killings, leaders in Ghana say they’re rolling out the welcome mat for black Americans who want to get away from the turmoil.
The government has negotiated with local chiefs to earmark 500 acres of land near the nation’s center for newcomers, carving out enough space for about 1,500 families. Survey and registration fees are waived for members of the African diaspora.
The effort grew out of a public campaign called the Year of Return, which attracted a record number of tourists to the West African country last year – four centuries after the first slave ship reached Virginia – and aims to convert visitors to residents with special land deals, expatriate guides and easier paths to citizenship.
“We want to remind our kin over there that there is a place you can escape to,” said Akwasi Agyeman, chief executive of the Ghana Tourism Authority. “That is Africa.”
KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES! 

Ami has "Exclusive" Interview With Rav Wachtfogel..... But the Rabbi Didn't Know It was an Interview and that it was Going to be Published!



As the saying goes.. "When it rains, it pours" .....

It seems that Ami Magazine is running out of material .... so they sent Rabbi Eliezer Brand a former talmid of Rav Wachtfogel to "interview" the Rosh Yeshiva ... under the bi-line:
 "The renowned Rosh Yeshivah Speaks to AMI about learning, Life and the Effects of the Coronavirus Shutdowns."

Ami dedicated a full 14 pages in its July 1st issue to this "interview," and put Rav Wachtfogel's Photo on the front cover!

So far so good ... right? You would think?

Well, not so fast, it turns out that Rav Wachtfogel had no clue that this was an interview and wasn't told that this was going to be published in AMI........according to posters plastered all over South Fallsburg ..yesterday ...

And looking over the issue ... 
I think that the posters have it 100% correct..... 
Ami usually has a series of Q&A in a Q&A format....not in this "interview." 
Also the photos were mostly of Rabbi Brand's wedding and the rest were from "https://aegedolimphotos.com/collections" Ami had no recent photos which they always have when they interview anyone..and 99% of the article was of Rabbi Brand's recollection when he was learning in South Fallsburg .... and how many times Rabbi Wachtfogel was interrupted during the "interview"....

This issue was supposed to be totally holy, to counter the "Voluptuous Nudes" fiasco they had recently ......


KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES! 








Toronto restaurant says 'Zionists not welcome'


You know what's interesting about the article below?
No where in the entire article does it indicate if the food is kosher....... It'not!

But Satmar Chasssidim would be welcome in this nest of hatred since they are anti-Zionists ...
How Ironic...


B’nai Brith Canada is calling on members of the Jewish community in Toronto to take action against a local establishment that has used anti-Semitic tropes and posted pro-terrorist content on social media.

Foodbenders, located in the Bloordale neighbourhood of Toronto, has turned its ire toward the Jewish community, B’nai Brith Canada said in a statement on Sunday.
On Instagram, the company has announced: “#zionistsnotwelcome” and has further alleged that “Zionists are Nazis.”

Foodbenders also deploys classic anti-Semitic tropes, saying of a Canadian Jewish group: “These people control your media and elected officials.” On her personal Facebook page, the owner described Prime Minister Justin Trudeau as a “Zionist puppet.”

Finally, said B’nai Brith, Foodbenders has glorified terrorist Leila Khaled, who hijacked two planes in 1969-1970 as a member of the Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine (PFLP). The PFLP is a designated terrorist entity in Canada.

“The sentiments expressed by Foodbenders and its owner are hateful and deplorable, and have no place in the Canadian food industry,” said Michael Mostyn, Chief Executive Officer of B’nai Brith Canada.

“Together, acting within the boundaries of the law, we can ensure that there are real consequences for this behavior,” he added.

B’nai Brith suggested several steps that members of the community can take to combat this phenomenon, including contacting Uber Eats and Doordash to request that they cease delivering Foodbenders products until the company renounces anti-Semitism and apologizes for its conduct; emailing local City Councillor Ana Bailão, MPP Marit Stiles and MP Julie Dzerowicz to encourage them to speak out against hatred in their community; and contacting the City of Toronto to request that Foodbenders have its business license investigated.

B’nai Brith noted section 27 of By-law No. 574-2000, which prohibits the use of a licensed business to “discriminate against any member of the public” on grounds of “race, color, or creed.”

Foodbenders' owner Kimberly Hawkins responded recently to the criticism and said that Jewish people and Zionists are more than welcome in her store.

"I’m not anti-Semitic," she said, according to blogTO.com. "That would go against all the other principles that I’ve been standing up for the past few weeks. I believe that Palestinians should be free and have the same equal human rights as everyone and that’s not a stance I will apologize for."

Hawkins said she's received a flurry of hate messages recently, but welcomes conversations with people who want to have "a respectful conversation about their beliefs and any differing views."

"When I'm making a statement about Zionism, I am not referring to Jewish people... It's about the state government," she stated.

KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES! 

Arab leaders won't oppose Israeli sovereignty

Crazy .... it's the American Jews, by in large, that oppose sovereignty...... When are we going to ever learn? ....that the world hates Israel even if she didn't apply sovereignty.... Jews always thinking.. "oh! What are the goyim going to say?"
I'll tell you "what they are going to say?" They are going to hate you until they destroy everyone one of you ... even those hiding in the suburbs ...in Monroe, Five Clowns etc

Most of the leaders in the Arab world recently sent messages to Israel, hinting that if Israel decides to annex parts of Judea and Samaria, they will not make a fuss, Israel Hayom reported.

According to the report, in internal conversations held by the Arab leaders, it was said that they need to keep on top of the populace's reaction to Israeli annexation, if it comes to be.
However, they themselves are indifferent to the issue, and will suffice with symbolic condemnation of the step.

According to the leaders, only if there were to be violence which affected the stability of their rulership, would they act against Israeli sovereignty. The report also noted that such messages had reached Israel from Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the Persian Gulf states.

The only Arab leader who has expressed opposition to Israel's annexation plans is Jordan's King Abdullah II. Though Jordan would has a vested interest in keeping the IDF on its western border, there are serious concerns of violent protests which will destabilize the government, and therefore Abdullah II has opposed the move, both in regional and international forums, the report said.

KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES! 

Are the Roshei Yeshivas Making their Talmidim Sick With Covid-19?

I am not certain that this Roshei Yeshiva is responsible for 200 of his talmidim getting sick .....he is denying it.... but rumors in the yeshivas are that he is responsible... if he is... he should be locked ASAP ....

200 members of the Beis Matisyahu Yeshiva in Bnei Brak tested positive for COVID-19 in the past few days, about a third of the entire student body. 

Rosh Yeshiva Rabbi Baruch Weisbecker, who himself fell sick with the virus, allegedly initially told students not feeling well to stay in their rooms and not to test for the virus and students claim that this is the source of the high numbers of infections in the yeshiva. Sources close to the Rosh Yeshiva denied the allegations.

80 of the sick students have been evacuated to a hotel in Kfar Tabor, and the rest are due to be evacuated to another hotel in the coming days but students at the yeshiva are worried that this is all too late. “If they continue like this and don’t provide an immediate response, the numbers will just keep rising” warned one student.
Another student said that students strictly maintained coronavirus regulations but the yeshiva was still very crowded and thus the mass infection was inevitable despite the fact that the main hall was divided into compartments.
In response to the outbreak, the Bnei Brak municipality closed the street where the yeshiva is situated and is only allowing local residents to enter and leave their houses.
The yeshiva is considered one of the most prominent yeshivas of the Lithuanian schools of study. A number of other yeshivas were also closed after coronavirus outbreaks in Beitar Illit and Kiryat Malachi.
KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES! 

Sunday, July 5, 2020

When the Rebbetzin is a "Transgender"

Harav Hagoan Rachel Zerin Shlitah 
Rabbi Rachel Zerin is one of the rabbis at Temple Emanu-El of Providence. She was ordained from the Jewish Theological Seminary in 2015, where she also received her MA in Talmud. While at JTS, Rabbi Zerin served as student rabbi of Temple B’nai Shalom of Benton Harbor, MI and the Flemington Jewish Community Center in NJ, intern at Rutgers Hillel, and High Holiday rabbi/cantor at Syracuse University Hillel and Temple Aliyah of Needham, MA. Additionally, she completed a unit of Clinical Pastoral Education through JTS at the YM&WHA, where she offered pastoral counseling to seniors.

and the Rabbis "Wife "...now the Rebbitzen Samantha , the "tznuah" .... who was "Sam" just a few weeks ago,..
In our circles, and until a few years ago the entire world, a story like this, would make us burst out laughing ........


A virile Jewish guy with a full bushy beard named Sam Zerin marries a nice Jewish girl in good faith and they have a child together ....
The wife, Rachel Zerin, a Chazzon, earned her BA in "voice Performance & Religion" from Syracuse University then gets  a Masters in Talmud and goes on to become a "rabbi," ..and is basically an accomplished young lady.

Her husband who cannot make a living, decides to teach Yiddish, a language he never spoke before in his entire life, to progressive leftists Jews who will never speak it, and one nice sunny day decides that he is really a girl and wants to use the Ladies bathroom......
I guess if you are not busy, you have time to think all kinds of crazy thoughts...

His wife, the Rabbi, is forced to send an email to her congregation in which she writes:
“Over the past several years, Sam has been exploring Sam’s gender identity,” this has been a journey for both of us, full of introspection, learning, and growth. Through this journey, we have come to realize that, although Sam was raised as a boy, she is in fact a woman, and "she" is ready to begin living "her" life publicly as such.”

So Rabbi Rachel Zerin now also a poisek, paskened le'halacha that Sam is a girl,,, and that's that! She should know because she had a child with him..

I know she was forced to send that email since the congregation followed up with an email stating:

" in order to maintain privacy, the couple asked congregants not to ask them personal questions or offer unsolicited advice"

I cannot wait until the good rabbi comes out with her own "shaalos utshuvois" ... I will be on line to buy it!


As far as where he will "pish" ...

Don't you worry, the shul has it all figured out...

 Senior Rabbi Michael Fell said :

"I think it did heighten a desire in our congregation for us to reevaluate bathrooms and reevaluate accessibility issues throughout the building.”

Below  is a Utube clip of Sam reading a book in Yiddish... and "HER" entire story after the break...


KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES! 

Ami Won't Show Tzneesidik Women photos But will show Them "Undressed"

Ami.. Living Section... With painting of nudes

As we all know, the Ribbono Shel Oilam has a sense of humor...
Just in last week's parsha, Hashem has a donkey talk....and Bilaam seemingly unfazed has a conversation with it... if this happened to me, I would have fallen off my ass and would have run like hell, and I'm no youngster!

Hashem hates when Frum magazines don't put photos of tznessdikeh ladies in their lady section ....

How do I know that?

Well, I do know that Hashem has strange ways of showing us what He thinks..

Here is an example ...
 In the June 17 edition of the Living Section of the Ami magazine, Ami posted a photo of a beautiful decorated living room, that didn't show one sefer, chas ve"shalom, but had a painting on the wall which featured some voluptuous nudes. 
Irony of Ironies!!
I'm wondering if Yitzchok Frankfurter, the publisher, did any interviews of Roshei Yeshiva in that room.. R' Yitzchok is always trying to answer contradictions in the Rambam in his "editorial"... I wonder what the Rambam would say about this... hmmmm?

Hashem made sure that the "tzaddik" Frankfurter and his "holier than thou", Rebbeitzen Rechi, would not only be "nichshal" in their "holy" publication ...but would make others be "nichshal" too...
on the holy "shabbos" no less, when many of our queens and princesses peruse his trash!
If you think that R' Yitzchok, learned his lesson... think again!

KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES! 

Saturday, July 4, 2020

Let's Take A Trip to Mars.....



Question: How long will it take for someone to call himself the "Korolev" Rebbe?

It may be years or even decades before humans step on Mars, but now you can take a trip to the Red Planet without leaving your home.
The European Space Agency (ESA) has created a stunning video showing a detailed fly over of the frozen crater, Korolev.
Located in the northern lowlands, the depression is 51 miles across, more than a mile deep and is coated in a layer of thick water ice.
The visualization starts with a shot of Mars and then skates around Korolev for a spectacular view of the frozen cavern.
Just south of a large patch of dune-filled terrain that encircles part of the planet's northern polar cap (known as Olympia Undae), ESA says it is 'an especially well-preserved example of a Martian crater.'
It is filled not by snow but ice, with its center hosting a mound of ice some 5,000 feet thick all year round.
The video begins with a snapshot of Mars circling in the dark abyss that is space and then we see a white speck in the dust planet, which is Korolev crater.
The movie pulls in deeper and takes us around the cavern to take in every inch of the spectacular view.
The crater is named after chief rocket engineer and spacecraft designer Sergei Korolev, dubbed the father of Soviet space technology.
Korolev worked on a number of well-known missions including the Sputnik program – the first artificial satellites ever sent into orbit around the Earth, in 1957 and the years following, the Vostok and Vokshod programs of human space exploration (Vostok being the spacecraft that carried the first ever human, Yuri Gagarin, into space in 1961) as well as the first interplanetary missions to the Moon, Mars, and Venus.
KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES! 

Another Explosion reportedly damages power plant in Iran

Image from a video said to show a fire caused by an explosion at a power plant in Ahvaz, Iran, on July 4, 2020.

An explosion reportedly damaged a power plant in the Iranian city of Ahvaz on Saturday, the latest in a series of mysterious blasts in the country that prompted Iran to issue a warning to Israel and the US earlier this week.
Persian and Arabic media reported an explosion and fire at the Zargan power plant in Ahvaz in Iran’s southwest, near the Persian Gulf and the Iraqi border.
Videos posted online showed a column of smoke at the facility and workers filing past a fire truck.
Iran’s IRNA news agency later reported that the fire at the plant had been brought under control. It said the blaze was ignited when a transformer exploded.
Mohammad Hafezi, the power plant’s health and safety manager, told IRNA the cause of the fire was under investigation.
KINDLY SUPPORT OUR BLOG BY BROWSING THE ADS
THANKS SO MUCH, IT MEANS A LOT ESPECIALLY IN THESE DIFFICULT TIMES!