Thursday, March 21, 2024

The Total Disconnect of Chareidie Jews and the Rest of Klall Yisrael. Aguda releases Statement and leaves Our Holy Soldiers Out!


 
The above letter to Klall Yisrael from the Moetzes Gedolei HaTorah is proof-positive that the Chareidie World with their Rabbinic Leaders are disconnected from the vast majority of the Jewish people, especially with other frum Shomrei Torah Umitvois!   

The letter does include the Hostages, but not a word for those sacrificing their lives for the Jewish people. 

Let that sink in!

Is it any wonder that most Jews, I repeat, MOST JEWS cannot understand why the Chareidim have absolutely no empathy for those who were murdered on October 7. 

Is it any wonder that the vast majority of the Jewish people living in Israel resent the Chareidim! 

Is it any wonder why Chilonim who must send their children, and husbands to the front resent Yeshiva Students?

האחיכם יבאו למלחמה ואתם תשבו פה "Shall your brothers go out to war while you just sit here" cried Moshe Rabbeinu!

In that question is also " Don't you care? Don't you have any empathy?"

And even if you are not sending your children to war, where is the respect for those who do? 

Recently I heard that the Girl Seminaries in Israel have asked their students not to say Tehillim for any specific soldier!  I want to know which Rabbi gave that idiotic psak? 

I want to know which Rav sat in his study in leather chair holding a hot herbal tea munching on a few dietic crackers and came up with this perverted idea?

Are they worried that the girl saying Tehillim for a specific soldier will get feelings for him? Is that it?

How sick and perverted?

 By extension every single man should refrain from saying Thillim for any lady not his wife or daughter, every lady should refrain from saying Tehillim for any man even a Gadol if she is not married to him! 

And let's just say that she would develop feeling for that soldier, chas Ve'shaom, that she is davening for, is that an "aveirah?" Isn't that the purpose of saying tehillim for a specific person to feel his or her pain, to connect with that neshama? How low have we sunk, when a Rabbi is afraid that a Jewish Heimishe girl saying tehillim is developing romantic feelings for that soldier? Is that what he thinks of his girl students? What is in that perverted head of that rabbi? What does he think about all day? 

This week, I had the opportunity to join a group to visit NOVA, the site where Hamas raped, murdered and mutilated hundreds of Jews.  I managed to gather 10 Jews to say a kaddish for these "kedoshim." When I finished I proceeded to make a "Keil Molah Rachmim" becoming very emotional. The commander of the IDF forces that was assigned to NOVA came over to me and asked me if I lost anyone here, I answered in the affirmative "Yes, all those murdered were my family." He looked at me with tears in his eyes visibly touched, and said "I didn't think that Chareidim really cared" 

As I was about to leave I noticed a Chareidie dressed like the Arelich with the striped bekesha and I asked him in Yiddish what he was doing there? He pointed to his wife a few meters away all bent over a memorial for a murdered girl, sobbing, and she looked as if she was inconsolable. He said that she is crying over their daughter murdered and probably raped on October 7, and that his wife insists that they come there three times a week, she has 12 other children. I asked him if she cries like this every time she visits, and he answered yes, but understand, he said, that in our community she couldn't and can't get any comfort from anyone, as the neighbors didn't even come to be "menacheim aval" they would come if someone ,G-d forbid, takes their own life but not if Hamas murdered her. 

We spoke about the disconnect that the Chareidie World has to October 7, and he admitted that if it wasn't for his own daughter murdered, he probably would have never even given a thought to coming, and he added that this has to change. He made an interesting observation, he said that this push to connect, cannot come from the top, from the leaders, it has to be grass roots as the rabbis will never understand. 

Let me finish with a word from the megilla. The very last pasuk states:

כי מרדכי היהודי משנה למלך אחשורוש וגדול ליהודים ורצוי לרוב אחיו דרש טוב לעמו ודבר שלום לכל-זרעו

"Mordechai the Jew, was viceroy to King Ahasuerus; he was a great man among the Jews, and found favor with the multitude of his brethren; he sought the good of his people and was able to speak in peace with all his children"

Commentaries say that the very last verse talks about Mordechai's accomplishments and his virtues. 

He managed becoming the second in command in charge of the entire Persian Empire, no small feat. He was also held in high esteem amongst his own people, and was able to be liked by the majority of his brethren, also no small feat, and in fact it is usually an impossible task and situation, in a addition, he made an effort to find the best in everyone, and finally, he spoke in peace with his very own children.

Commentaries say, that as the list of his accomplishment and virtues progresses in the verse, the virtue mentioned next, is far more important.

In other words, though being a viceroy to the King was a huge accomplishment, the fact that he was held in high esteem by the Jews was a greater virtue and so on and so on. The last accomplishment was that he "spoke to his children in peace" that according to commentaries was his greatest accomplishment. 

Why?

I am sure that Mordecahi  may have not approved of everything his children were doing or how they were leading their lives,(this is actually hinted in the Even Ezra.) But nevertheless he was able to speak in peace with them. That in fact is a great accomplishment and shows what kind of person Mordechai really was. 

We say everyday:

ובא לציון גואל ולשבי פשע ביעקב

We pray that Moshiach comes, but when he does come he is coming to the פשע ביעקב as well!

Moshiach will come to those who are not Shomrei Torah Umitzvois as well. They will be included. 

If you don't agree, cut this verse out of your prayers ...

Aguda Shame On You!

19 comments:

Garnel Ironheart said...

There's a picture going around, a Purim costume for boys which is half yeshivish and half soldier. Now, if it was celebrating the Mizrachi who indeed are that - leaerning but also fight - that would be one thing but apparently the point is that the boy sitting in yeshivah is contributing equally to war effort with the soldier on the front lines. Insulting and tone deaf. But that's them. Because if they knew how useless they were, they'd give up everything.

ר' "דין", ביטע לערנט די פסוק ריכטיג said...

טייערע ר' דין

You wrote :

"We say everyday:

ובא לציון גואל ולשבי פשע ביעקב

We pray that Moshiach comes, but when he does come he is coming to the פשע ביעקב as well!

Moshiach will come to those who are not Shomrei Torah Umitzvois as well. They will be included.

If you don't agree, cut this verse out of your prayers ..."

במחילת כבוד ר' דין,

You seem to be changing the meaning of the pasuk, turning it over on its head actually. The posuk says that the goel will come to Zion and to those who repent, who do teshuvah in Yaakov. ולשבי פשע ביעקב means those that do teshuvah. That means that those who rebelled against Him, a high level of aveirah known as מרד, like those who had a festival of Chillul Shabbos/Yom Tov, Gilui Arayos, etc. a few months ago near Aza, which brought about terrible שפיכת דמים ר"ל. When such people do teshuvah (B"H some have already done so, but much more is still needed) iy"H the goel will come. Not, as was mistakenly written in the post, when they persist in their rebellion.

למען האמת

As a Yid that values Emes, you should appreciate this critique.

ברוך שחלק מחכמתו ליראיו said...

"Recently I heard that the Girl Seminaries in Israel have asked their students not to say Tehillim for any specific soldier! I want to know which Rabbi gave that idiotic psak?"

Why is it idiotic? פונקט פארקערט!

It is seicheldik and proper. They should say for all soldiers, not just one.

Anonymous said...

DIN:
B’mechila:
I totally disagree.
You quote the commander saying
"I didn't think that Chareidim really cared”
What did you tell that commander?
I know what I would have said.
Maybe the interaction with the Commander was your את כזאת to say: Yes. They do care. I and my friends Chareidim cry for all.
Yes we all cry for the secular Jews that were injured and killed r’l

We also cry for Bernie and Chuck and Tom Friedman and Jonathan Glazer of how low a Yid can fall. and yes, we cry each day for the soldiers that were lost and we Daven that the soldiers should be spared from any injury
I am sickened by this post.
It is so wrong.
Yes you might have a kasha why the statement didn’t mention the soldiers.
I have a teirutz:
They are part of acheinu Beis Yisroel.
You, by writing this blog post are trying to say that we feel they are ch’v not our brothers.
How absurd!!!
In summary: if I was part of the team that wrote this statement Would I have written the soldiers, yes. Of course. But the fact that Aguda didn’t does not mean in anyway that they minimize the sacrifice.
Yes. Sacrifice
I am disheartened that you didn’t educate the commander.
Yes The chareidim are crying with you.
Don’t bring me ראיות from kitzonim that allegedly don’t feel pain of their brothers.
Please stop. We need achdus now. Not פירוד ח״ו

Huh? said...

"Aguda releases Statement and leaves Our Holy Soldiers Out!"

The Agudah statement (last paragraph) asks/beseeches that Hashem should fight our battles.

Hashem, who is called איש מלחמה in the pasuk, and בעל מלחמות in davening should fight for us.

Is that leaving out the welfare of the soldiers???

אדרבה!

Brisker Payois said...

The pasuk that DIN quoted is actually very difficult to understand, why would the pasuk say that משיח will come to those who did Tesuvah? Why would anyone think that once he did teshuvah משיח will leave him out? If he did teshuva in earnest why wouldn't Hashem include him? I looked at the meforshim and they do explain that it is to those who have done teshuvah, but it makes absolutely no sense!

Dusiznies said...

To my loyal readers
That pshat in the pasuk is all mine, and I stand by my interpretation. I don't חס ושלום compare myself to the other מפרשי התורה but I do have a right to give my very own pshat as there is 70 ways to the Torah!And my pshat does not contradict the Torah. In fact I will post on another day, many Gedoilim that hold that Moshiach when he comes will come for everyone!

Saying that the soldiers are part of " acheinu Beis Yisroel." is a lie, since the Chareidim don't believe that for one second! There are young boys on the front, it wouldn't hurt if the Moetzes would mention them separately, but as I said they are disconnected, and that was my point!
You write that "I am sickened by this post." I suggest that after the fast you chew on some ginger! I am sickened and nauseated by this Aguda letter!

Dusiznies said...

6:48
If you are "sickened by this post" I suggest you take a break because I have another one tomorrow that will make you throw up!

Anonymous said...

I am 6:48pm
DIN I would like to address your comment at 9:07PM
סבר לו בהא ופליג בהא
I will start with what I vehemently disagree with.
You state: “Saying that the soldiers are part of ‘ acheinu Beis Yisroel.’ is a lie, since the Chareidim don't believe that for one second!”
Not true.
Not true
Not true
I and my friends who identify as “Chareidim” we all בפה אחת consider all of our brothers acheinu Bais Yisroel. All Chayalim, all secular Jews; dati; mizrachi; sefardi; chasiddish, misnagdish, litvish, ungarish, poilish, galitzyanish. Teimanish.

We. Are All Kllal Yisroel
Everyone!!
Blee yoitzeh min haklal
(With one caveat: those that remove themselves from the klall are not acheinu since they removed themselves. Those that shmad themselves etc..)

Your next statement I actually agree with:

“There are young boys on the front, it wouldn't hurt if the Moetzes would mention them separately”
Correct
Correct
Correct.

Here is the diff between me and you:
I say: chayalim are part of acheinu. And although I would’ve written them separately and it is just a poor word choice.

You say: A chutzpah why are they leaving out soldiers. They are doing the ultimate sacrifice Must be the moetzes don’t appreciate etc..

Nisht emes. We appreciate and Daven for each chayal and for all acheinu.

In summary. Luz up.
You might be correct on the word choice (see my comment at 6:48pm) but please don’t turn this into what it is not.
We. Love. All. Our. Brothers.

Anonymous said...

Yes. I am sickened by this post for more than one reason.
Real Charedim are not disconnected.
To the contrary,
Did you see YWN today?

HaRav Zilberstein, (who is certainly charedi) stated :
“I learned from my Rebbe, HaGaon HaRav Mordechai Shulman, z’tl, Rosh Yeshivas Slabodka, who at a time of war warned the bnei yeshivos that it’s forbidden to go out on the streets and wander around for no reason. So many are on the battlefront, there are women whose husbands are at battle and mothers whose hearts are tight with fear for their sons. He also wouldn’t agree to sing zemiros on Shabbos out loud in order not to cause pain to the neighbors whose relatives were on the battlefront.”

“It is definitely appropriate to be careful about this on Purim as much as possible,” HaRav Zilberstein concluded.

In summary:
No, sorry DIN we are not disconnected.
Not withstanding the poor choice of words in the Moetzes statement,
We have much mit gefil.
Look at the Slabodke Rosh Hayeshivas Ahavas Yisroel.
Don’t look at the keetzonim and get aggravated.

Good try, but no cigar said...

"I do have a right to give my very own pshat as there is 70 ways to the Torah!"

If a "pshat" is out of bounds, #71, it didn't make the cut.

Some "pshatim" are just plain wrong, and don't cut it.

Dusiznies said...

11:54
If the Barditchiver would have learned pshat the way I did you would be saying "Wow" what a pshat, then it would be included in the 70 but because DIN said it its out of the 70!

FYI said...

DIN: "If the Barditchiver would have learned pshat the way I did you would be saying "Wow" what a pshat, then it would be included in the 70 but because DIN said it its out of the 70!"

No, sorry Reb DIN, I am not a Hasid, so if the Berdichever said something wrong I would disagree with it too, I am not compelled to defer to him as a Hasid might be.

Akiva Eiger said...

I live in Ramat Eshkol and tonight after the megilla reading I said over DIN's toyrele on "uvah Letzion Goel" and thought he would laugh it off as a Purim Torah, I was shocked when he immediately said "that is derech drush" and he added "it does answer many question" I was standing there with my mouth open..
DIN you are back in my good graces.

hmm said...

Ramat eshkol reads the Megillah on the 14th?

Or is this some kind of time machine?

Anonymous said...

hmmm
Seems you have never been in Ramat Eshkol on Purim, there are Shuls that read the megilla both days.

Anonymous said...

Not only in Ramat Eshkol also in Har Nof, many shuls read both days!

Anonymous said...

In sanhedria marchevet most shuls read both days. I don't know why? but they read the first night without a bracha

hmm said...

Thanks for the clarification. I knew that Ramot is subject to dispute, but never heard about Ramat Eshkol and Sanhedria. Thanks and A Freilichen Purim.

Live from Jerusalem proper