B”H
According to Google Analytics, this site is approaching 40 million views, and a large portion of the readership comes from Charedi communities—meaning that most were educated in Charedi moisdois.
I myself was educated in those very moisdois, and I can say firsthand: there was absolutely no effort on the part of the institutions to instill in us a love for Eretz Yisrael. I am choosing my words carefully. I am not talking about the “State of Israel.” I am talking about Eretz Yisrael, the land we mention constantly in our tefillos and brachos.
Not once did anyone encourage us to think about the words we say in Al HaMichya:
וּבְ֒נֵה יְרוּשָׁלַֽיִם עִיר הַקֹּֽדֶשׁ בִּמְ֒הֵרָה בְיָמֵֽינוּ, וְהַעֲלֵֽנוּ לְתוֹכָהּ, וְשַׂמְּ֒חֵֽנוּ בְּבִנְיָנָהּ וְנֹאכַל מִפִּרְיָהּ וְנִשְׂבַּע מִטּוּבָהּ, וּנְ֒בָרֶכְ֒ךָ עָלֶֽיהָ בִּקְ֒דֻשָּׁה וּבְ֒טָהֳרָה,
Nor did anyone urge us to reflect on what we say be’kavvanah in Birchas HaMazon:
And certainly no one encouraged us to think about what we recite—often by rote—in Shemoneh Esrei:
I am not entering the politics of Zionism—that is not my point. But I am willing to bet that Jews in the concentration camps did think deeply about these tefillos, assuming they even had food to make a bracha on.
Growing up among survivors, I saw how the Holocaust hovered silently over many homes. People rarely spoke about it. No one I knew had grandparents; some had a few uncles or aunts; cousins were scarce. There was no need for “Holocaust Studies” in the yeshivas—we lived with survivors, felt their pain during Yizkor, and saw the tension every year during Iyar, Sivan, and Tammuz when survivors fought over the amud.
But I assumed that my children and grandchildren would be taught about the Holocaust in their yeshivas. That never happened.
I began to wonder: Why the reluctance? And after speaking with many children of survivors—people now in their 70s and 80s—giving them my perspective, they said that I was spot on.
If you teach the Holocaust honestly, unavoidable questions arise:
Why didn’t they escape?
Did they know what was coming?
Did rabbanim advise them to stay?
And the most uncomfortable question of all: How is it that Jews living in Eretz Yisrael survived, while most of the Gedoilim that were against a medina perished?
Yeshivas avoid these questions because they cannot answer them truthfully And even more, because answering them might lead to a conclusion they do not want to articulate:
That maybe Jews do need a State—so that we are never refugees again. Whatever you think of the State of Israel, their doors are open to ALL Jews, there are no Jewish refugees anywhere in the world because we do have a State!
This is the reason Yeshivas refuse to teach the Holocaust, they are afraid that the students, that their typical Shmulie or Yankee would then naturally think, "wow how lucky am I to live in a generation where there is a Jewish State that allows us all in" "hey, thank G-d, we have a State, where we can run to" but that thinking is exactly thay don't want because it goes against their agenda!
So they determined that its better not to teach about the worst tragedy in the history of Klall Yisrael which happened not too long ago, and there are still witnesses to that tragedy, to hold on to their false beliefs. Is it any wonder that we see Yeshivah Boys holding signs that they would rather be in "Aushwich than enlist!?" They have no clue the living hell Jews many still alive, went through! Is it any wonder that they call Jewish Children in uniform "Nazis?"
In the three years since October 7, over 100,000 Jews have made Aliyah. I watch the new olim disembark from El Al, and I rarely see Charedim among them. The olim are overwhelmingly Modern Orthodox, YU, or Dati Leumi.
Why?
Because their moisdois did instill a love of Eretz Yisrael. They now see the writing on the wall and are doing the natural thing—coming home.
Charedim, on the other hand, were not taught to love Eretz Yisrael. Many were taught—"lehepach" implicitly or explicitly—to resent it.
And instead of saying that outright, they offer excuses:
“It was built by secular Jews.” So was the Second Beis HaMikdash—see Ezra.
“The Three Oaths.” The Rambam never mentions them in his extensive Mishna Torah. The Shulchan Aruch never mentions them. Tannaim, Amoraim, Geonim, Rishonim, Acharonim, talmedei Ha'Gra and Talmedei Bal Shem Tov made Aliyah without ever referencing them.
“The army will make my children go off the derech.” There is much work to be done to integrate Charedim safely, yes. But tens of thousands of Charedim have gone off the derech without ever serving. No one is guaranteed “erliche children.” For that we need to daven! The Mordechai writes that the Rabbeinu Gershom had a son that converted to Christianity and the Rabbeinu Gershom sat shiva twice—once for the conversion, once for the death.At least in the army, a child is protecting Jewish lives.
- “The government wants to eradicate frum Jews.”

31 comments:
Agree 100%!
But what's with these yiddisher roitzchem, creating angry animosity for no reason except that they think they have the right to push out any and every Arab.
Sure the terrorists and Islamists, kill them without mercy, I get it!
But this? This happens too often!
https://www.timesofisrael.com/settler-terror-attacks-in-west-bank-said-to-surge-by-63-in-first-half-of-2026/
Les
This article has been entirely debunked many times, it is a blood libel! Shame on You!
https://dusiznies.blogspot.com/2023/03/huwara-circus-unraveled.html
see
https://dusiznies.blogspot.com/2025/05/the-bbc-documentary-that-paints-every.html
see
https://dusiznies.blogspot.com/2026/05/we-are-all-settlers-now.html
see
https://dusiznies.blogspot.com/2023/12/why-has-us-accepted-anti-settler-blood.html
see
https://dusiznies.blogspot.com/2026/07/the-settler-violence-libel.html
I will delete any comment repeating the lies against Jewish Settlers!
אני מתיר את בשרכם
Another uncomfortable truth regarding the Holocaust: We were taught that it happened as divine punishment for the haskalah. Yet if so, why were American Jews saved, America - where the Reform movement really took root and Jews threw their tefillin overboard into the waters of NY harbor. And why were the assimilated Jews of the 1930's, most of whom were tinokos shenishbu born into assimilated families and educated in secular schools, responsible for the sins of their ancestors? Why did so many erliche frum Jews die? The real answer is that we limited humans in this limited olam hazeh don't really understand why it happened but that is a very uncomfortable conclusion for the black and white wordview that we were indoctrinated with.
Well written. That's all I can say.
The current siege on Qusra is real and not a lie. There is a state of anarchy in Yehuda and Shomron now.
Yes, I know. If it wasn't for the Tzahal, the Arabs would be rioting and massacring all the Jews they could get their hands on. And yes I know that for every 1 act of violence by Jews there's 10 by Arabs.
But the situation now has passed that line. There is a small group that thinks that it can behave barbarically and that Tzahal will protect them from consequences. that will just increase the already high level of Arab hatred and push the inevitable explosion forward.
Trash article you sound so dumb
Nebach on you
I'm as pro Israel as anyone, but even the Idf and shin bet are pissed at the arrogance of these crazed messianic settlers! And what's with these nutty chaluzei habashan, nuch mishagoyim!
You are a Yagdil Torah boy where many things were weird, not typical of the Charedi velt. In my Litvishe yeshivos most of our rebbeim discussed the Holocaust & did a good job explaining it that didn’t leave us struggling with our Emunah BH. You are like a machine that in your sinah of Satmar & Ger you pathetically try to shlog up everyone to the right of Mercaz HaRav. Its doubly sad that your Tzioni krumkeiten obsession is in service of your hatred instead of the other way around
Lukshin 8:47
I am not going to respond to your mostly incoherent comment, but I am not a "Yagdil Torah" boy, that yeshiva did not exist until I was already in Bais Medrish!
What was Ger’s equivalent of Yagdil when DIN was a young whipper snapper?
Gerrer Yeshiva was housed in a two-family house on Montgomery street in Crown Heights and had less than 100 students
The survivor generation was too traumatized to talk about the Holocaust. Everyone knows that. Sorry, but no conspiracy here that could support this latest house of cards you posted to further some alter koifrim like Ben Gurion who started the shtick of pronouncing like Sefardim
With every passing year the Satmar Ravs words make more and more sense
9:58
Before you make ridiculous assertions, read the post!
You obviously didn't read it, but you nevertheless shoot your mouth off, and you didn't watch the video.
I said that the survivor generation was traumatized to talk; my question was for the next generation, dummy!
Nebach on your parents who produced such an illiterate and IQ-defficient son. No comments on the points raised, no argument as to why his is wrong, just a personal attack on the author. Gemorrah is supposed to sharpen the brain. What happened to yours Dumbo?
Good job explaining it?? This I gotta hear. Please enlighten us as to how these presumptive Rebbeim sought to explain Hashem's deeds and actions? No doubt with BS and fairytales as there is NO explanation that any human could find acceptable........but then you're litvuks.
Nothing that ungrateful drek says makes sense. Tell me how it makes sense that he told his chassidim to stay in Europe whilst he was rescued by those his ungrateful whelps now despise???
10:07
Which statement of the rav "makes more and more sense?'
The fact that he said in 1956 and repeated in 1967 that 20 years hence, there would not be a single Moisid Ha'Torah in the State of Israel? That one? (שמעו דבר ה, עמוד כ"א)
Or
Where he said in 1941 that "Hitler would never reach Romania/Hungary?" That one?
or
That the Hebrew Language is "tumei?" (על הגואלה) when there are millions of Jews speaking it and some speak no other language?'
Or
When he said that one "cannot go to the Kotel " something that Yeravam ben Navot also ruled!
or
When he said that there isn't a mitzva to live in Israel (על הגאולה) though both the Ramban and the Orach Hachyim Hakodosh say that it is a mitzva esseh De'oriisah?
B"H The State of Israel is now the home of the majority of the Jewish people, and is listed as one of the strongest economies in the entire world, and is ranked as the top five happiest countries in the world.
So where does he make any sense>
BTW he said many times that the Americans never reached the moon and it was all a Hollywood Plot"
There were over 75,000 people working on that flight and not one of them or any member of their families ever said that this was a hoax! He believed in conspiracy theories and fought with everyone; he was against Spinka, Kloizinberg, Belz, Aguda and his Chassidim terrorized Reb Moshe Feinstein z"l putting glue in his locks!
In Europe his own family wanted him far away from them and refused to give him a position in Szigt!
Garnel, thank you, DIN has gone off the charts in support of these crazed religious anarchists! They're creating world animosity for no legitimate reason. We Jews have always claimed the moral high ground, and these minority gtoups of crazed messianic settlers are undoing that!
I’m not Satmar, never heard that Rabbeinee Yoel macht avek America putting a man on the moon. I find it hard to believe because Brisker Rov said that someone will do it, he didn’t know if America or Russia will be first. But what’s really amusing here is that Shlomo Goren has long been the subject of ridicule in the oylam Hatorah for asking the Shtussy kashya bavorning he doesn’t believe the lunar landing was real. (R’ Yaakov Kamenetsky shlogged him up) Thank you DIN for confirming it’s a position taken by Dodos like Zionist gasbag Goren! LOLOLOL
Romanian Gypsy 3:47
"Rabbeinee Yoel macht avek America putting a man on the moon."
Typical Satmar response when caught with their panties in a knot...... "Never heard"
It is on a tape recorded in1972 Parshas Ki-Tavo
So are you calling Rabbeinee Yoel A "Dodo?"
Upload the audio of R’ Yoel. Maybe it was a cynical joke. You will make any convenient “diyuk” to trash him
DIN @1145am Gut Gezugt! 👍
4:13
It wasn't a joke, and I remember when it came out, Satmar Shventz actually repeated the "shittism and havalim" to the amusement of Kloizenberger Chassidim to prove he lost his marbles!
You can see the Transcript in a book ironically called שמעו דבר ה' LOL!
I remember how Satmar after a couple of years quietly stopped bringing this up !
So admit leshituscha that Goren is baal shtissim vahavulim
Rav Goren z:l was a huge Talmid Chacham and I wouldn't put his name with Baalei Machlokas
Rolled up eyes -11:36 I haven’t heard a legitimate point about anything just hatred being spewed by a bunch of anti semites on this blog I highly suspect din and yourself (one in the same) aren’t Jewish or just “amaratzim” who hate the tel groups Jews more than the Nazis did
Hitler and Herzl are proud of you great job!
4:29
I don't know about who Hitler would be proud of but I know for sure who Herzl would be proud of
R' Yoel Teitelbaum... yup..you heard it here first!
R Yoelish took Herzl initial idea of settling Jews in Uganda, and guess who stole that idea and ran with it, and in fact implemented it, without giving him any credit! None other than Reb Yoelish who was saved from the Holocaust by a Zionist!
Hashem really has a sense of humor ....Ha Ha
Rav Goren never denied moon landing, you're conflating another issue, you're a liar.
Post a Comment