“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Thursday, October 8, 2026

BACK IN ISRAEL: Previously Missing Mother and Daughter Mali and Liel Yahalomi Return

 

Mali and Liel Yahalomi, the Israeli mother and daughter whose disappearance abroad sparked a search in August, landed at Ben Gurion Airport on Wednesday afternoon aboard a flight from Athens.

The pair exited the terminal wearing matching outfits and did not speak with reporters waiting outside. Authorities did not appear to attempt to detain them.

Mali, 50, and Liel, 23, were located in Buenos Aires on August 14, approximately a week after their whereabouts became unknown in Vienna, Austria.

Israel Police confirmed at the time that the two had been found on an intercity bus in the Argentine capital.

The mother and daughter had failed to board their scheduled return flight from Prague, raising concern about their whereabouts.

Their travels began with a flight from Israel to Prague, followed by a visit to Vienna. They apparently traveled through Frankfurt before eventually reaching Buenos Aires.

Their arrival Wednesday marks their return to Israel nearly two months after they were located in Argentina.

No comments: