“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Thursday, September 3, 2026

Boys in Shidduchim now want to know if the Girl wears a Seat Belt in a Car! Not Tzneesdik!

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

here we go again (and again)... disparaging an entire group because of the behavior of a tiny minority, which can't be fair unless you consider the entire frum community as tarnished, which isn't fair either. Rabbi orlofski never intended to say THIS is what boys generally do. please

Garnel Ironheart said...

Reminds me of the old joke: How do you know that couple in the car is on a frum date?
The doors open as they drive down the highway to avoid yichud.

Anonymous said...

Come on. How many bachurim think it's not tzniusdik for a girl to wear a seatbelt? Sounds like Rabbi Orlofsky is engaging in his usual comedy and you fell for it.

Uriah’s Wife said...

It’s the seatbelts themselves that are the problem. They haven’t been tested for Shatnez. Get a special Shatnez- Free car certification from Tarnopol Hashgacha before inviting a shidduch date into your car.

Anonymous said...

https://vinnews.com/2026/09/03/u-s-warns-americans-against-rosh-hashanah-travel-to-uman/

Professor Ryesky said...

Rebbetzin Bluma Sarah Horowitz, wife of Spinka Rebbe Yesochor Dov Berish Horowitz, lost her life when she was thrown from a car in a motor vehicle accident in Woodridge, New York in 2006. She was not wearing a seat belt.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070910071148/http://www.jewishpress.com/print.do/19127/My_Machberes.html

Dusiznies said...

5:02
If he "didn't intend to say it" why did he say it?

Garnel Ironheart said...

Reminds me of the old joke - tell a BT that doing up a zipper on Shabbos is toifer after he's done in the bathroom.

Anonymous said...

hes a baffoon. sort of a circus clown "rabbi", hawking tee shirts on his site

Anonymous said...

I believe there is a misunderstanding here. The issue, which is not new, is wearing the v shoulder strap.