“I don’t speak because I have the power to speak; I speak because I don’t have the power to remain silent.” Rav Kook z"l

Sunday, August 2, 2026

Belzer Rebbe Went out of his way to attend the Levaya of Rav Yaakov Farber who encouraged Chareidim to get a trade

 


An Israeli news anchor, Reem Aminoach, who doesn't wear a yarmulka, took a moment on air this week to praise the Belzer Rebbe Shlit”a after his appearance at the levaya of Reb Yaakov (Yanky) Farber A”H.


Yanky, a Belzer askan, was niftar earlier this week at the age of 32 following a serious illness. He is survived by his widow and six children, and was widely respected for his work helping avreichim and families secure employment and vocational training.

The anchor noted that the Rebbe, despite his own poor health and his general practice of not attending levayos, left his home to be there, while an Israeli soldier appeared in his path towards the levaya.

The anchor was impressed that the Rebbe's attendants and other chassidim did not protest the soldier's presence or attempt to move him.

"The Belzer Rebbe," the anchor said, "he's my man."

No comments: