Former Strategic Affairs Minister Ron Dermer, speaking at the MEAD Conference in Washington, addressed a question about the alleged conversation between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and the President of the United Arab Emirates before October 7:
“Did such a conversation take place? No.
Had there been a conversation, I would have been part of it, because one of the tasks assigned to me was expanding the Abraham Accords and strengthening the partnership with the United Arab Emirates.
So in all the conversations between the prime minister and Mohammed bin Zayed, the UAE leader, I was either privy to the details or on the line during the conversation itself. This conversation did not take place.
And it’s not even a question of the content of the conversation; I don’t think there was a conversation at all. And that content certainly wasn’t discussed.
So I don’t know where they got this story from. I think the Emiratis have been clear that it didn’t happen. We’ve been clear that it didn’t happen. So it’s essentially a fabrication. Just a made-up story.”
No comments:
Post a Comment