Friday, October 27, 2017

Satmar Rebbe's great-grandson becomes IDF officer

The great-grandson of world’s largest hassidic sect's leader graduated IDF Officer School on Wednesday and will become a platoon commander in the Golani Brigade.

Chaim Meisels, the great-grandson of one of two Satmar Rebbes who lay claim to the hasidic dynasty, was drafted into the IDF in 2014 after moving to Israel from the United States. On Wednesday, he graduated the IDF's Officer School and became a platoon commander in the Golani Brigade.

In a Facebook post that has since gone viral in Israel, Meisels wrote about the long journey that took him from the insular Satmar community of his youth to the IDF.

"I grew up as a haredi child in Brooklyn, United States," he began. "I had the feeling that something was missing, but I didn't know what. My first visit to Israel was at the age of 11. I discovered the State of Israel, a Jewish state. I did not yet know how it would affect me, but I felt that I had come home.
"When we returned to Brooklyn a few days later, I felt like another person," Meisels continued. "Suddenly there was something I connect to, the State of Israel. Because I am the grandson of the Satmar Rebbe, and the community in which I grew up does not support Israel, I had no one to talk about it with.

"I came to Israel again at the age of 15, this time to study in a yeshiva in Bnei Brak. The only language I spoke at the time was Yiddish, and I could not communicate with the outside world like I wanted to. When I returned to the United States a year later, I bought a phone with Internet (we were not allowed to own one in a yeshiva), decided to learn English, learn about Israel and a little about the world."



Meisels added that "at the age of 17, I realized that I wanted to leave the haredi world, but most of the people I knew who had left didn't succeed. The social gap and the language made it difficult for them to cope with a different kind of lifestyle. I decided to turn to the Rebbe, to tell him that for years I was no longer Shabbat-observant.

"His answer was that I got where I was because I wasn't yet married, that once I had a wife of my own, I wouldn't want to leave anymore because the girl would no longer be happy. He explained that when I was married I could do more to help outside the yeshiva; I would be a freer person.

"Two weeks later I'm meeting with the girl's parents who asked me questions about the Talmud. I passed the test and had a meeting with the girl while our parents were in the next room. I agreed to marry her after speaking to her for 50 minutes. We got engaged that night," Meisels recalled.

"A few months later the wedding came. Right after the wedding, I realized that I was not really with her. I would think about the State of Israel while she would think about what the Rebbe said," Meisel continued.

"Six weeks later, I arrived home and my wife told me she was pregnant. I was happy, I was very excited, until slowly I began to think about what I had done. How I was going to raise a haredi child in a world that I disagree with?

"I knew it was too late, that in another moment a girl would come to the world, that in another second I would be a father.
"I couldn't stay any longer," Meisels continued. "I thought about it a lot, I tried to talk to outsiders, both friends who left and those who remained. In the end, I left. I parted from my wife and the community and most of my family left me.
"I found a good job. I started life from scratch and like a little child I learned how to dress (in clothes that weren't black and white), and how to talk to people.

"A few months before 2014's Operation Protective Edge, almost a year after I left the community where I grew up, I decided that I wanted to enlist in the IDF. I registered to immigrate to Israel, but after two meetings they told me that because I was 19, divorced plus one, I wasn't suitable for the army," wrote Meisels.

"Everyone told me I wouldn't succeed in the army. They said that I had no chance," Meisels added.
"I bought a plane ticket and arrived in Israel. At first, a friend connected me to the Chayal El Chayal lone soldier support organization, and to the Michael Levine Lone Soldier Center, who helped me out tremendously.

"In August 2014, I joined a Hebrew course at the IDF's Alon base. After 3 months of basic training and the Hebrew course, I reached the Golani Brigade. I made it into the Egoz (special forces) unit. I didn't tell anyone my story.

"At the beginning of the course, I wasn't among the top two members of my unit and they didn't let me go to squad commanders course. After consulting with Rabbi Hosea Friedman, who is both the rabbi of Pashkan and IDF's reserve commander, I chose to leave Egoz and transfer to the Golani Brigade so I could become a commander.
"I went to commander's school and after being on extensive sick leave I became a squad commander in Golani's 13th Battalion. I was deployed for a few months and went to IDF Officer School, where I learned for eight months how to be a professional officer.

"Rivka, my daughter, is already four years old," Meisels revealed. "Her family doesn't let us be in touch because I'm not haredi. I hope one day when she grows up, I'll be able to renew the relationship with her and explain to her why I had to leave her and immigrate to Israel. To explain to her that I chose a different way from what she knows.

"I love my family, who simply don't understand or accept how I view the world. I chose a way in Judaism that is different from them - a Judaism in which establishing and defending the Jewish State is just as important as learning Torah," Meisels continued.

"Today I finish IDF Officer School. Next week, I'll be the platoon commander, and I'll invest everything I have in my soldiers.

"The reason I tell you this is for you to learn that if there is a will there is a way. No matter what you say or who tells you - if you really want to be successful and willing to invest, you will eventually succeed," concluded Meisels.
"We have the best army in the world, and it doesn't matter where you come from and what you've done until now; if you give your 100 percent, you'll find the way."


27 comments:

jancsibacsi said...

Kol hakavod to him, he realized that living in the real world is way better then living in the imaginery afterlife.

Mrs. Doubtfire said...

What a tipish.
The IDF deserves him.
They are made for each other.
I hope his daughter never finds out what a looser father she had, kvelling and glowing over becoming a egozi-golani-platoon-commander-Playmobile...fake soldier.
Yisgadel viyishkadesh...

Sweet potato tempura said...

Thank you Jancsi, de shmoygerkup, for weighing in.

Anonymous said...

Nebech

Anonymous said...

Thanks, he has a Jewish heart and soul and defending fellow Jews, no greater mitzvah despite what heretics and Zion haters say

Anonymous said...

Two years ago when we were in Israel for yom tov.,on erev yom tov we were shopping in Machne Yehuda,and who do we see there on duty in his uniform? it's Chaim Hersh Meisels, i immediately went over to him and gave him a big SHALOM ELEICHEM and kissed him on his forehead and said to him "thank you for your services for AM YISROEL.
And told him,Chaim Hersh,you should know that your grandfather (the previous Sigeter and Satmarer Rebbe) being he is now in the OLAM HA'EMES it is from you that he has the most NACHAS,it is you who has volunteered to put your life on line in order to protect your brothers and sisters in our God given holy land,and certainly not from his two BEN SORER IMORER sons the two Jew hating and Israel hating low life gangsters Aron and Zalmen,who spend their entire life undermining and hurting in every which way our jewish state and it's six and a half million Jews,this filthy jew hater Zalmen spends hundreds of thousands of dollars yearly with his antisemitic organization NUTRINA in disseminating anti Israel and antisemitic propaganda and telling the world that we have no rights to our Eretz Yisroel,and agreeing with our murderous and bloody enemies that we are occupiers and subjugaters,
And that other filthy Kapo gangster Aron,when Israel's PM was here begging the Congress for the lives of the seven million Jews in Israel,and pleading to them not to let Obama go thru with his murderous nuclear deal with Iran,
this filthy Kapo Israel hater sent letters to all the congressmen and senators telling them that religious Jews support the president and therefore should vote for the deal,
i know this sounds unbelievable therefore here is the link.

https://www.theyeshivaworld.com/news/headlines-breaking-stories/287254/mayor-of-kiryas-joel-calls-on-rep-sean-patrick-maloney-not-to-attend-netanyahu-speech.html#comment-837823.

And of course when these two gangsters and hoodlums when not busy trying to destroy our holy land,they are busy trying to destroy each other (wish them all the luck) this two pieces of filth,for the last 15 years have been in secular court fighting each other who should be the Rebbe (chief Kapo)
having spent already over 13 million dollars on legal fees,

imagine the insanity of this ,a secular court should decide who is Rebbe"
on second thought,deciding who should become the chief Kapo of the Satmar hating gang does belong in a secular court.


Not an Oberlander Ferd said...

Anonymous Mrs. Doubtfire said...
What a tipish.
The IDF deserves him.
They are made for each other.
I hope his daughter never finds out what a looser father she had, kvelling and glowing over becoming a egozi-golani-platoon-commander-Playmobile...fake soldier.
Yisgadel viyishkadesh...

October 26, 2017 at 9:49 PM

_____________________________________________________________________

don't call someone a loser, if you don't know how to spell the word

AishKodesh said...

Jancsi, there IS indeed an Afterworld and Life.

Anonymous said...

Is that where you're from

Anonymous said...

He's not afterlife he's an afterbirth certainly not human

AishKodesh said...

No. But we all come staright from Shamayim. Let us not dissapoint our Father in Heaven.

Abe said...

AishKodesh 12:13 PM,

Only you come straight from Shamayim. You must be one of those Angelic Beings that have no free will but intone KADOSH KADOSH KADOSH continuously when not blogging.
The rest of us came from our mother’s uterus.

Anonymous said...

"Chaim Meisels, the great-grandson of one of two Satmar Rebbes who lay claim to the hasidic dynasty"
Although it's irrelevant but as usual in yellow journalism and specially in your hateful atheistic blog you don't even care that a news report should be written accurately, this selfish good for nothing pig is NOT a grandson of one of the two Satmar rebbes

"Right after the wedding, I realized that I was not really with her. I would think about the State of Israel while she would think about what the Rebbe said," Meisel continued"

So you ppl are proud of such a selfish subhuman who stated clearly that he wasn't really with his wife because all he was thinking of was the state of Israel!? Well Zionism is based on ע"ז גילוי עריות and שפיכת דמים, what this scum did is totally שפיכת דמים to his wife and child, typical Zionist attitude no regards and respect to humanity


Chafraud-Depravitch said...


Mrs. Doubtfire at 9:49 PM said...

"fake soldier."

I bet he could mop the floor with you before you could say "Oy gevalt."

And it would have incredible entertainment value. It would be a viral video if ever there was one.

Anonymous said...

"I hope his daughter never finds out what a looser father she had, kvelling and glowing over becoming a egozi-golani-platoon-commander-Playmobile...fake soldier"

The words of an ignorant cult member, who's grandparents were somehow saved from the ovens so that this schtick drek cvan now breathe.

As someone with education, I look at you as I would a shmear on the sole of my boot. You are excrement. Go and die.

Anonymous said...

How about our mother in heaven

Dusiznies said...

3:05
Let me relate to your a little history of this brave IDF’s grandfather ... the “Beirach Moshe” ...who was a secret Zionist...in fact he married off his oldest son R’Aron Teitelbaum to the Visnitzer Rebbe daughter who speaks Ivrit to her sisters ...in fact R’ Yoilish who was saved by a Zionist never forgave his nephew the Beirach Moshe for this ... R’Yoilish the founder of the first Chassidis that used “hating other Jews” as his mantra .... and the Zionist Beirach Moshe are now in the עולם האמת now know the truth and the only one that really bring them any ידיש נחת is this grandchild the IDF Officer
And you are confusing the facts .... the facts are that the Zionists Government is the biggest בעלי צדקה in Jewish history giving $250 million to מותדות התורה this year alone ... it is Satmar that is promoting ע״ז by having their stupid sheep worship their fake Rebbe ... they also promote שפיחת דמים when R’Aron wrote letters to Congress that they boycott Netanyahu’s Iran Speech ... The disastrous Iran deal hands nuclear weapons to Iranian murderers who want to wipe 6 million Jews who live in Israel off the map
Satmar also is steeped in גילו עריות
...והמבין יבון

Anonymous said...

The Nazi on October 29, 2017 at 6:45 PM said:
"saved from the ovens.... I would a shmear on the sole of my boot. You are excrement. Go and die."
Until you came along I really questioned why so many would bother to scream "Nazi!" at some dumb IDF Playmobile soldier.
Then you came along.

Toothless bigoted OTD Klux Klan inbred. The IDF deserves you too dummy.

Anonymous said...

Satmar - the filthy sub-human filth that t=never fail to disappoint.
The lowest common denominator when it comes to Humanity.

Abe said...

For those still willfully blind to the worst form of גלוי עריות in depraved Satmar Society, these defenders of sexual depravity and pedophelia need to be reminded of this. The video of that Satmar cheder principal sexually abusing that little boy is abominable and nauseating. That pedophile Rav is still free and being protected by Satmar. Who in their right mind would want to remain Satmar?
https://www.google.com/amp/s/frumfollies.wordpress.com/2016/05/02/satmar-anti-abuse-activists-leak-video-of-a-principal-molesting-a-boy-to-force-his-dismissal/amp/

AishKodesh said...

Abe, our bodies came from our mother's uterus, yes. But our Neshamos come straight from Hashem.

Anonymous said...

Weren't you hatched
You egg head

Chafraud-Depravitch said...

4:50 PM,

Even as my "frumkeit" deteriorates, and I disagree with Aish on a multitude of things (including this "father" in Heaven naivete), I still think he's an upright guy with good intentions and a kind heart.

I have no idea why you feel a need to beat the guy down repeatedly.

The Israel haters are far more worthy of of it.

Anonymous said...

Cuz he's an A$$ hole faker
and a master Bater

Anonymous said...

"Toothless bigoted OTD Klux Klan inbred. The IDF deserves you too dummy.

October 30, 2017 at 1:11 AM"


The funny thing is that if you said that to my face, I would destroy you in seconds, along with your inbred family.
Human excrement like you needs a good shot of bleach.
Go pray, you godless POS.

AishKodesh said...

Please, please everyone. Let us stop with the Machlokes. This is why we are still in Gallus and why we are in Gallus in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Shut up you dumb nerd
If have nothing intelligent to add just shut up