These are photos of "batei Varsha" where the explosion occured!
These reckless crazies that have illegal private Matza Bakeries in Apartment complexes, should all be hung in Kikar Ha'Shabbos! They disregard all fire codes because the codes are not written in the Torah!
How do you go ahead and build a Matzah Bakery in a 100 year old house, with babies sleeping upstairs???
This problem is not only in Israel it's here in New York as well.....
Every year there are tragic stories because of these illegal bakeries ...
I think before you buy a matzah, check out where it was baked!
It seems that Libun (Kashering) of matzah baking tools caused an explosion when a blowtorch with a faulty connection was used.
Many matzah baking tools and a blow torch were found in the apartment in which the fire originated. The suspicion at this time is that the gas line was not attached correctly, causing gas to leak and build up in the room until it resulted in an explosion and a large fire. Both residents of the apartment, a 74 year old male with burns to 30% of his body and a 67 year old female suffering from burns to 20% of her body were taken by MDA to Hadassah Ein Kerem hospital.
The fire caused extensive damage to a two story apartment complex housing 30 apartments. The complex was built over a hundred years ago.
Both the fire department and Hatzalah would like to remind the public of the dangers of private matzah baking and the improper usage of gas tanks and portable ovens. Every year people have gotten hurt by baking matzos privately , and by koshering dishes in a negligent manner