Search This Blog

Monday, December 22, 2014

A Number of Israelis Hospitalized After Choking on Jelly Donuts


A 60-year-old woman choked as she was eating jelly donut on Sunday 29 Kislev, and she was transported by Magen David Adom to Ichilov Hospital in Tel Aviv, where she is listed in serious condition. She is on a respirator.

Paramedic Yarit Farkash explained when she arrived, the woman’s state of consciousness was “foggy” and she tried to get her to cough up the obstruction but her condition worsened and they had to intubate her and begin advanced resuscitation in addition to CPR.

In yet another case of choking, a 75-year-old woman from Pardes Chana was transported to Hillel Yafeh Hospital in Hadera, also listed in serious condition.

MDA adds that two weeks ago an 86-year-old male died as a result of choking on a jelly donut. The report adds he was in good health and apparently choked to death while eating the donut and watching a soccer game.

In yet another case involving a jelly donut, a 9-year-old girl from Rishon L’Tzion is listed in serious condition in Assaf HaRofeh Hospital as a result of an allergic reaction to a jelly donut.

No comments: